Japanese to English audio, sat nav conversion

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
Space-man
Car: Nissan 37GT SP Coupe - Black

G'day everyone.
I'm new to this forum. Joined because of the quality of information you guys post. I'm located in Brisbane Australia. We Aussies usually buy the Japanese version of the US Infiniti G37 (Nissan 370GT = Infiniti G37). The problem we have here in Au is that our audio and sat nav settings are all in Japanese and getting them converted to English seems very complex and expensive. I hear quotes of $2,500AU.
Just wondering if there's anyone in US, Canada or anywhere else that has investigated this? I've recently been informed that the 2010 -> Infiniti systems swap directly into the Japanese model, but mine is a 2009 series 1 Coupe. I have a full unit (radio/cd/dvd/sat nav/screen wiring blocks etc, etc) from an Infiniti Q60 which plugs straight in but doesn't switch on. It works in a 2012 E52 Elgrand. I'm told it will probably work in the 2010 models ->
Any assistance whatsoever with converting the 2009 to English (whether by software/hardware update) would be appreciated (by everyone in AU) :cool: Thanks guys

PushyCattDoll
Car: G37 (2008) Infiniti
R32 (1990) Skyline

Hey there. Im in brisbane too and struggling to find a solution for mums G37 (2008) i have heard that with the pre2010 ones you can have a skilled auto electrician "crack" the unit from the Q60 so it talks to the computer and vice versa. Apparently with the older anti-theft setup the unit *pings* the computer and when the computer *pings* back and the vin# doesnt match it shuts down. Which is why your unit would work in the elgrand but not the infiniti. I myself am still researching this to find the right electrcian though. Will let you know how i go! :)

ostap
Car: Nissan Skyline 250GT

Hi,

For now, I have only for LCD dashboard Japanese to English conversion (Nissan Skyline V36).

Here the open source project:
https://github.com/RiLights/Nissan_skyl ... /README.md
And here the small picture guide:
https://translate.google.pl/translate?s ... t=&act=url

I hope it will help you.

Cheers
Ostap

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”