TENSIONER PULLEY INSTALL HELP

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Trendwho205
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport

Hey gang i have been having this problem with my car making this squeaking sound coming from the front of the engine. it started after i De-greased and cleaned my engine. I took the car to the dealership and they said it was the tensioner pulley. it also would cost $380 to replace the tensioner. keep in mind it is only the pulley that is making the sound so i asked could they just replace the pulley their reply was, "we don't do that we have to do the whole tensioner". so i called my brother in-law who manages a parts store to see if they had the pulley, and to my surprise they did. it only cost me $12.98 after his discount and it is a great brand. I also got a new belt as-well both are manufactured by GATES. so my question is. Has anyone out there just replaced the pulley if so could you shed light on how you did it. it seems fairly easy being that there is only one bolt in the center, but what scares me is this link....

(http://www.mq70.com/forum/threads/402-C ... rive-Belts) where this guy says

("DO NOT TURN CLOCKWISE, IF YOU TURN CLOCKWISE YOU WILL LOOSEN THE PULLEY AND THE WHOLE AUTO TENSIONER ASSEMBLY WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED.)

So what i need to know is there a bolt or anything behind the tensioner that holds the front bolt secure or am i free to just un-tighten and change.

PS sorry for pic rotation

Trendwho205

Hey gang I decided to go ahead at take matters into my own hands, i put the pulley on only to find out it did not fit. so i went back to the parts store to do a swap turns out you cant just buy the pulley itself the tensioner is $85 plus taxes so i was prepared to buy until the store commercial manager told me to not buy it. i was thinking to myself what else am I supposed to do. With out even looking in the computer he told my brother in law to pull a PT203FF bearing which is also not listed in the computer for my car, I have to admit i was a little nervous, but i let him pull it. He said all i have to do is flip the old pulley upside down and take a hammer and a deep well socket the same perimeter as the bearing and tap it out, then use the same method to tap it back in and it worked!!!!!! took about 3 minutes to do so next post will be a step by step with pics. car runs like a dram now no more squeaking

Trendwho205

THIS IS MY STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO REPLACE THE TENSIONER PULLEY

how-to-fix-squeaking-tensioner-pulley-t589191.html

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Locking thread. Please use the above link provided by Trendwho205 for any discussion on this issue. Thanks!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”