Top 10 Guitar Songs Douchebags Play at Parties To Attract Girls

Musicians and music-related topics are all right here in the Music Room.
dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

10. The opening to Stairway to Heaven. 9. Anything by Sublime, especially if they're the type to wear flip flops year-round and talk about how much weed they smoke loudly to impress people around them.8. Say It Ain't So by Weezer, and poorly.7. Any song by a real "punk rock" band that he announces before beginning with the dislaimer, "You guys have probably never heard this song," and it seems to encompass his entire political views which he means to force down your throat with 3 power chords played as hard as possible.6. Fall Out Boy songs that people sing along to.5. Any song by an "indie" band that he announces before beginning with the disclaimer, "You guys have probably never heard of this band," and if he had his way you never would because he is the only fan they have and if that changed he would have to tell you about how lame they got when they "sold out."4. Dashboard Confessional songs. This is starting to become rare.3. Country ballads.2. Time of Your Life by Green Day1. Anything written by him, because you know if it doesn't suck its because he "borrowed" the tune from whatever band he likes is popular this month and the words are probably directed to an ex-girlfriend that he will inevitably end up screwing by the end of the night.

xekushnr
Car: '90 240sx Hatch

I've never heard it before at a party, but I bet that ****ing White Tees song is getting played nationwide at house parties by 20-somethings wearing pink striped Hollister button ups with the collar popped, spiked hair and flip flops.

I've noticed we both have a general distaste for people who wear flip flops. You could put a baseball on a flip flop and it would grow a vagina.

dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

OH ****! how could i have left that one out? well that's so high on the douchebag meter that it doesnt even place on the list.

Felipe
Car: abcdefghijklm nopqrstuvwxyz `1234567890-= ~!@#$%^&*()_+

LMFAO!

i remember at some party the douchebag was paying a song looked at a girl while he was paying... big mistake....

long story short... his sht ends up in 1,000 parts and in the fire place....

best part is that he too had flip flops on

xekushnr

I think you're a douchebag to begin with if your going to bring a guitar to a large party. The only acceptable party to bring a guitar to (in my opinion) is if its a smaller party with close friends. I have brought my guitar to only a few parties (at friends places who have amplifiers...I'm not dragging an amp around) and even in those settings I play the most brutal metal that comes to mind. Most people just ignore me, unless they too play guitar. Thats the way I like it. Kicking *** in the background.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Maybe I should bring my drums to a party, Slayer gets the chicks wet.

iwantans13
Car: Lamborghini Diablo VT

NOW I WILL REIGN IN BLOOOOODDD!!! diddelydiddelydiddelydiddley......

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Your hot baby, I am dedicating this one to you, dead skin mask!

iwantans13

Haha, that songs about Ed Gien IIRC.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

d!ck wrote:8. Say It Ain't So by Weezer, and poorly.
That song makes me homicidal.

That list is awesome, d!ck.
xekushnr wrote:20-somethings wearing pink striped Hollister button ups with the collar popped, spiked hair and flip flops.
HOMICIDAL!!!

xekushnr

iwantans13 wrote:Haha, that songs about Ed Gien IIRC.
"213" was named after the apartment that Jeffery Dahmer lived in. Basically, Slayer is brutally awesome.

Slayer is fun to play. Lots of very quick riffs. Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King. I love playing Reign In Blood. I actually get angry when I see it (frequently) mistitled "Raining Blood".

iwantans13

Anything by Fall Out Boy. Not like their guitar parts are memorable though, one finger power chords...

fender-startocaster
Car: 1990 240sx

i would never bring my fender strat to a party! thats like taking my car off roading!

Tyler
Car: 1989 240sx HB/1992 240sx coupe/1998 s14

i thought for sure i would see, Smoke on the Water

nismofly
Car: 89 S13 Hatch

wonderwall by oasis, hands down more than anything else

ive actually never heard a bunch of d!ck's list used, but wonderwall...dashboard, time of your life...couple others

Atreyu
Car: '89 240sx Hatchback, 1990 Mustang GT

Foo Fighters - Everlong

Easy as hell, and every douchebag can drop a guitar into D on a whim.

And the girls are always like "Oh GOD I love this one!!"

ScrapMetal
Car: 1999 Chevrolet S10, 1991 Ford Bronco 5.0

You sure hit the nail on the head with that Stairway to Heaven intro, and I mean intro cuz most of those douche's cant play the rest of the song. That song is overrated and ****ty by the way.

White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

nismofly wrote:wonderwall by oasis, hands down more than anything else

ive actually never heard a bunch of d!ck's list used, but wonderwall...dashboard, time of your life...couple others
big plus on wonderwall, i see it used a bunch. the thing is i like some of these songs, i just HATE to see asswipe's play em at parties and generally suck

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Metaru_Gia wrote:You sure hit the nail on the head with that Stairway to Heaven intro, and I mean intro cuz most of those douche's cant play the rest of the song. That song is overrated and ****ty by the way.
All anyone knows is the intro, and poorly.

Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

Maybe I go to the wrong parties, but...no one plays guitars at the parties I go to. It's usually keg stands and other drinking games. No time to sit and listen to someone plucking the guitar. There's always a loud-*** stereo blasting instead.
nismofly wrote:wonderwall by oasis, hands down more than anything else
That's too old for the college freshman/sophs. That song came out in middle school for me, so those guys had to be in 1st grade'ish...though I shouldn't put it past them.

nismofly
Car: 89 S13 Hatch

Looneybomber wrote:Maybe I go to the wrong parties, but...no one plays guitars at the parties I go to. It's usually keg stands and other drinking games. No time to sit and listen to someone plucking the guitar. There's always a loud-*** stereo blasting instead.
maybe you need to try something other than hippie techno parties
Looneybomber wrote:That's too old for the college freshman/sophs. That song came out in middle school for me, so those guys had to be in 1st grade'ish...though I shouldn't put it past them.
the only new stuff i hear people play is dashboard or john mayer, most of everything else is from the 90s or at most earlier this decade, like 01-02

and you cant really say that its too old for them, zeppelin was on the list d!ck said and i bet youve listened to them, but they were at their peak when my dad was around our age range, same with a lot of other stuff that is today considered classic rock

JakeDM93
Car: '93 s13

you forgot metallica

wackawacka

d!ck wrote:5. Any song by an "indie" band that he announces before beginning with the disclaimer, "You guys have probably never heard of this band," and if he had his way you never would because he is the only fan they have and if that changed he would have to tell you about how lame they got when they "sold out."

unanswerred
Car: 1991 240sx hatch, 1995 240sx SE shell

i remember a party i went to a while back and some kid from my school i didnt particullarly like had picked up a guitar and started to play a song by like the starting line. basically as gay as dashboard. idk. well females began to circle this assclown and admire his lack of skill. after he finished and began accepting his applause i broke through the cirlce and grabbed the guitar from him. i whipped out a short but sweet original progression i had made up, blowing him out of the water. he was very embarrassed and left. followed by group sex with several attractive women of maturity. (i was a tender age of 11)

that was all a joke except the showing someone up at guitar at a gathering of people. +1 for the nissan pilots.

One Finger
Car: 2003 Nissan Altima

i hear more dave matthews band creeping in lately. that song "crash." they like to take the acoustic guitar and all the girls in their dorm and sit out on the green and sing "crash" to them in the spring here... it makes me sick.

xekushnr

iwantans13 wrote:NOW I WILL REIGN IN BLOOOOODDD!!! diddelydiddelydiddelydiddley......

l0nestar
Car: 1993 250sx, 2004 Altezza, 1963 Impala SS

xekushnr wrote:
That is Hillarious! (not really a Slayer fan, but just the concept of the sign)

wackawacka

One Finger wrote:i hear more dave matthews band creeping in lately. that song "crash." they like to take the acoustic guitar and all the girls in their dorm and sit out on the green and sing "crash" to them in the spring here... it makes me sick.
God damn I hate DMB. Had to listen to almost all of their cd's one day at work. Freakin co-workers.

One Finger
Car: 2003 Nissan Altima

wackawacka wrote:
God damn I hate DMB. Had to listen to almost all of their cd's one day at work. Freakin co-workers.

sr20fan
Car: 93 240sx SE coupe maroon

One Finger wrote:
+1 to that.

system of a down. aerials. ****, that intro is soo ****ty. i cant stand it anymore.

Return to “The Music Room”