Ticking noise every 14 seconds when the heater is on!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Qashqai

Today I went to a coin wash and wash my car. When I was drying the car, my wife decided to start the engine and heater (it was little cold for the princess..who cares about the fuel economy? :frown: ). While cleaning the rims, I noticed a "tick" noise coming from the engine. At first I thought my wife turned the AC on, because it was exactly the same noise. But the engine rev didn't decrease. I though maybe it was just a random noise. Then it hapenned and happened again! I heard that ticking noise for every 14 seconds. It was exactly 14 seconds. For some reason, I was sure that it is the injectors trying to keep the car at idle and somehow injecting fuel (I didn't think it is related to the heater). I opened the hood and tried to find the source, then she turned off the heater and the noise is gone! Since she turned all the knobs randomly :mad: , I don't know which position were they when I hear the tick noise. I couldn't have a chance to find which position it was, because she needed to go to washroom :werd:

Guys, what is that tick noise every 14 seconds?? :confused:

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

probably the hot engine coolant cycling from the front to the internal heatercore.

rickrogue
Car: 2011 nissan rouge

a possible debris on your blower :) check your cabin filter/clean/replace and if you can remove your blower motor and clean it.

Qashqai

Hot engine coolant theory sounds more reasonable. If there is something in the blower motor, I don't think it makes a noise at every 14 seconds. It is a mechanic or electronically controlled noise. But I really don't understand why that engine coolant circulates in the heater radiator at every 14 seconds?shouldn't it circulate when the engine reaches up to a certain temperature and thermostat opens itself to allow fluid to circulate at the radiators? Or is it like this only for the radiator at the front, not for the radiator inside the car?

ras_oscar

If the vehicle has automatic temp control, and the vehicle is loosing heat at a constant pace, the heater core would cycle on and off at a regular interval to maintin the desired temp. Does the vehicle have auto temp control/ ( like my 2012 SV)

Qashqai

Maybe...sounds logical.

No, I don't have automatic temperature control. I only have one temperature know (hot-cold).

TrevorK
Car: 11 Rogue SV FWD

Am I the only one who thinks the problem is the wife playing with things inside the car? :gotme

Qashqai

:lolling: no no no..she was busy with her iphone. Probably she was busy with one of her applications: twitter, instagram, pinterest, facebook, viber, tango or four square. And the noise happened several times, when I was talking to her.

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

viber? sounds kinky...

Qashqai

:chuckle:

http://www.viber.com/

there are many things that can be considered as "kinky" in the realm of female creatures.

Return to “Rogue Forum”