Thinking of getting G37xS. Questions.

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
TXT
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

Hello all,

I recently moved to Northern NJ. I currently live in an area very close to the NYC area with LOTS of steep hills. I've been thinking of changing my current car in preperation for winter.
I was thinking of getting a brand new or lightly used Honda accord V6 Touring (newer generation/body style). Although the car is very nice i still wanted to stay in the infiniti family. The only option I see within that price range is a 2011 2012 or even 2013 G37xS Sedan. Don't want 2 door car.

I'll be looking and possibly purchasing this car next week but wanted to know from all of you what I should be looking out for. I'll be asking for maintenance records so should I be searching for certain things? How good are these cars in snow? AWD helps alot but will I NEED winter tires or will I survive with some good all season tires and awd system.

let me know!

Starter
Car: 13 G37X sedan
11 G37S sedan

I'm in Maryland and my wife has an '07 G35x auto and I have an '11 G37S manual, both sedans. She has had no issues with the snow around here, except for the couple times we got it pretty good. My car came with the summer ultra high performance tires and was undriveable if it even thought about snow. I changed to all season high performance last winter and all was fine. So my advice to you is it's not so much whether you have the x or not. It's whether your tires are all season. I would think that the x with all season tires will get you through all but the worst of storms.

SVTCOBRA
Car: 2018 Q60 AWD 2023 F150 4x4 5.0 FX4

Move back home to Mooresville!!! :gapteeth:
I've owned many SUV's (Pathy, Exploder, Bronco II) 4x4's auto and 5MT.
Our G35X and G37X does better than all in the snow.
The regular all season's did better than the UHP A/S Conti DWS we put on the G35X.
But, the AWD system is awesome.

TXT

Thanks guys thats good to know.

I currently have Michellin Pilot sport A/S 3 on my car and they did terrible when we got the one and only "snow storm" in NC this past winter. And by snow storm I mean 1-2" of snow. It was mostly frozen stuff that probably made my car drive like crap.

If my car did bad and barely had traction then, it will NOT survive winter here. Even if I change out to winter tires, get new brakes which are due and raise the car back up, i might as well just get a newer car and not mess with it.

I'll be going back down to NC next weekend to hopefully find a G37xS. Now that I think of it, i wouldnt mind a couple or sedan but i'll def. be shooting for the sedan. I'll be going to Lake Norman Infiniti and Infiniti of Charlotte.

SVTCOBRA

Have tried to do deals at both of those dealerships and always end up dealing with Modern Infiniti of Greensboro/Winston Salem..... IF you do end up at Infiniti of Charlotte ask for TENG LEE. Teng used to work at LKN Infiniti years ago when they were in the small location across the street that is now the Hyundia dealership and has been with CLT for years. So, you would be working with an experienced salesman insteed of a noob.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

TXT wrote:Thanks guys thats good to know.

I currently have Michellin Pilot sport A/S 3 on my car and they did terrible when we got the one and only "snow storm" in NC this past winter. And by snow storm I mean 1-2" of snow. It was mostly frozen stuff that probably made my car drive like crap.

If my car did bad and barely had traction then, it will NOT survive winter here. Even if I change out to winter tires, get new brakes which are due and raise the car back up, i might as well just get a newer car and not mess with it.

I'll be going back down to NC next weekend to hopefully find a G37xS. Now that I think of it, i wouldnt mind a couple or sedan but i'll def. be shooting for the sedan. I'll be going to Lake Norman Infiniti and Infiniti of Charlotte.
I have the same tires and they were great getting me home in a raging NJ snow storm last winter.
They just couldn't get me up my driveway in 8" of deep snow

I don't think people in southern states know how to drive in the slightest bit of snow or ice

Telcoman

SVTCOBRA

telcoman wrote:
I don't think people in southern states know how to drive in the slightest bit of snow or ice

Telcoman
:rotflmao
Typical generalization that is founded in self image issues!!!! :chuckle:
Actually, Telcoman is an AWESOME Yankee!!!! He is one of the few that comes to visit our great state and then GOES BACK HOME!!!!!! :rotflmao :rotflmao

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

SVTCOBRA wrote:
telcoman wrote:

Telcoman
:rotflmao
Typical generalization that is founded in self image issues!!!! :chuckle:
Actually, Telcoman is an AWESOME Yankee!!!! He is one of the few that comes to visit our great state and then GOES BACK HOME!!!!!! :rotflmao :rotflmao
Visited Lumberton, NC on my return trip from Florida

Great food

Delicious Ribs

Southern Fried Chicken

First time trying Crawfish

Telcoman

SVTCOBRA

MMMMMM!!!! That does look good!!!!!!
We passed thru Lumberton on our way to Oak Island NC earlier this month.

:cheers:

TXT

I'll be making the trek Thursday afternoon. I'll be getting some southern BBQ at least once while I'm there. I'll take your advice and go to Infiniti Charlotte. I'll update you guys.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

RWD G's can be tedious in the snow and you better make sure you have dedicated snow tires in north regions, IMO. While I have not had the Q50 out in the snow yet I did have a G37x for a loaner last year when it snowed 3-5" and I had a ball in it. As a loaner it had the factory all-seasons and the car was very comfortable in the snow and controllable. I could get pretty aggressive with it and recovery was cake.

TXT

Ended up getting a very nice 2011 FX35 in black. AWD. 26K miles

They also had the 4 door G37xS in black 34K miles which I also wanted and cost less but the FX was a much nicer ride.

SVTCOBRA

Cool!! :dblthumb:
Infiniti of CLT??? If so, did you get to work with Teng??

TXT

SVTCOBRA wrote:Cool!! :dblthumb:
Infiniti of CLT??? If so, did you get to work with Teng??
I did. As a matter of fact, he called me today and told me to go back. He found another bank that could save me a significant amount per month.

You vouched for Infiniti of Charlotte and they came through. Nice work SVT.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”