Thinking about lights for my 01 max

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
daesonn
Car: 2k1 maxima, retired 94 maxima

Hey guys, i've posted pictures of my car before but heres a couple more for you to help answer my questions.

I know pretty much for sure that I want angel eyes and foglights, and I also want to change my ugly tail lights. But before anything, I need some questions answered.

I hope to make my car look like a combination of these.

First off, angel eyes.

1. Are they bright enough alone or mainly just for looks? (am i going to need to buy foglights as well?)2. How come some um nitza can go on ebay for 112$ but I see some worser quality looking angel eyes for close to 500$? (Makes me think um nitza isn't as decent as I think)3. Are um nitzas the way to go? and are they the ones used in the pictures above?

Second, the reflectors/lights on the side of the car. (noticeable in the first picture)1. Mine are ugly orange and red, and i notice these cars have some whitish clean looking reflectors, where can i get these? 2. How expensive are they?3. How hard are they to change?

Third, what tail lights do you guys recommend for me.1. I plan on putting a lot of money into a sound system for my car, so I don't want it flashy looking, or too aftermarket looking. (in other words, i don't want to advertise and get myself jacked.)2.

the regular SE's? decent looking ( at least nicer than mine)3. All clears, maybe black them out? maybe just a darker gray in the lights to match my car?

Any ideas for my tail lights would be appreciated, even if its not any of the lights I mentioned.

thanks guys!

Darktide

Hey,Those angeleyes look fantastic. I wish I had seen those before I had bought my bixenons. However, angeleyes were not meant to replace the use of headlights. They were only meant to accent them so it wouldn't be advisable to try and just run them instead (not to mention I think cops would bag you for it). I personally would go with the angel eyes and SE tail's. And just remember that if you get clear side markers you're technically required by law to have colored bulbs to match the original color of the lense (so that when it's lit its orange or red).Jay

davskins97
Car: 2001 Nissan Maxima SE

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/TailL...87366

I have an '01 with the then optional smoked tail lights. I like them better than the clears, and I think they would coordinate with the color of your maxima.

By the way, I think the single biggest thing you could add to your car to make it look better would be to upgrade those stock wheels and wheel covers.

You wanted some opinions, there's mine.

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

davskins97 wrote:http://www.1aauto.com/1A/TailL...87366

I have an '01 with the then optional smoked tail lights. I like them better than the clears, and I think they would coordinate with the color of your maxima.

By the way, I think the single biggest thing you could add to your car to make it look better would be to upgrade those stock wheels and wheel covers.

You wanted some opinions, there's mine.
on the taillights. they look exceptional.

the angel eyes seen here are on an 02-03 maxima, which would require you buying 02-03 headlights, with and HID conversion.

go with the AE look. drop the angel eye idea. they're cool, if you have a BMW.

here's some AE look headlights i found on ebay:

now you could make the angel eye thing easier if you went with lenses like these:

davskins97 - - - those are stock wheels, not wheel covers. worst looking wheel nissan ever put out IMO.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

just click pics to see details

front sidemarkers smoked or clear

rear side markers smoked or clear

davskins97
Car: 2001 Nissan Maxima SE

Nice use of the "I'm with stupid" icon. Those icons don't seem to apply to any of the thoughts that I have, but it works there.

Secondly, wow. My bad on the wheels. Why would they make alloys that look like wheel covers? They are pretty horrible. Takes it from sports car to family car in 3.5 seconds. I am pretty happy with my Flik wheels which were less than $400 shipped. Makes a world of difference.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

trust me man, i thought the same when i first saw them.

daesonn

Isn't that rediculous? I thought the same thing when I was buying the car. "Oh no, it doesn't have alloys!" Then I realized I was wrong, and it had the ugliest alloys ever. I don't understand it lol. I LOVE the stock rims that come with the SE /GXE 01-04 and the infiniti g35 7 spoke. The problem is, I'm trying to install a sound system ( very custom install, involving fiberglass kick panels ), upgrade my lights, and upgrade my wheels, all with 0 dollars. Looking for a job currently.

My wheels have almost brand new perelli tires on them. I'd like to trade my wheels in for some nicer stock wheels, or even the infinit 7 spokes, but i'm not sure how i'd do that, or how much i'd get for my wheels / tires. ( I also don't want to go without wheels for a couple days haha) So if anyone knows of some nifty ways to trade wheels (since mine probably have better performance because of the perelli tires anyway) let me know :D

thanks for the replies! keep them comming!

Also, has anyone come across any picture/videos/guides on installing custom kick panels, or custom subwoofer enclosures in an 00-04 maxima?

daesonn

jltibbs wrote:
on the taillights. they look exceptional.

the angel eyes seen here are on an 02-03 maxima, which would require you buying 02-03 headlights, with and HID conversion.

go with the AE look. drop the angel eye idea. they're cool, if you have a BMW.

here's some AE look headlights i found on ebay:

now you could make the angel eye thing easier if you went with lenses like these:

I don't quite understand what your talking about. Whats wrong with purchasing the $112 angel eyes on ebay? Not to be rude, or act like I know anything on the subject, but the angel eyes from my year look pretty cheap compared to the fuller look of the 02-03 headlights.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

i was just voicing my opinion. i dont particularly care for angel eyes. it is completely up to you what you put on your car. i did lots of things to my max that people thought was ugly or they didnt like. i didn't really care. i just feel that the AE look is really clean. the angel eyes from ebay are nicer than the projector halos in my opinion. click on my sig to go to my photobucket album and click on the 'old school' folder. there you can see all the different looks i went through with my max. then you can go to the 'the end' folder and see the atrocities therein.

daesonn

So if your driving around with just angel eyes on, and some nice bright foglights (that give plenty enough light to see) you'll get pulled over by popos?

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

if its at night, yes. you have to have your headlights on or you're breaking the law. fog lights are intended for better viewing during inclimate weather. now if it's are dusk, then you should be fine. i know here the law is that you're supposed to have your headlights on 30 min prior to sunset.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”