The problem with GTM

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
ss_serg
Car: EX 35 slightly modified

Hello!
I am sorry if my topic is inappropriate here, in G35 section, but the theme is close, and I look for any help, and don’t know where to post it.

Let me introduce myself.
My name is Serg. I am from Kazakhstan and I am the owner of this unfortunate car from the sadly known tuner GTM:

My opinion on Sam (the Boss) and all his shop is in comments to this video. I can prove and confirm each word in it.
They (Sam and later Mike) left me with the dead car on my hands and stoped answering to my mail four months ago. As well as on calls and mail of my American companion, that tried to help me. It is very respectable from them because I am very far and I can't personally arrive and break this car about their f*cking shop.

Ok. To the car.
When I finally got the car, friction clutches were destroyed for the unclear reason. The car by that moment passed one thousand miles. In a break-in mode. On all my questions: what can I do, what changes were included in their pathos GTM Stage 3 Transmission Upgrade which was bought, where to look for a cause of defect I received "Sam is going to look into the issue more closely and get back to you" and then silence... Without going into detail, without the help and councils from GTM we changed all friction clutches and continued a break-in. However, the transmission continued to slip on shifting and it is obvious friction clutches continued to burn.

And now, after one month of usage the car is dead again.
The car can't normally start if passes some miles. Shifting 1-2 happen breakthroughs. 2-3 shift take place with up-rev about 3-5k RPM. In the driving and in the mode "P" the gnash from the region of a gearbox is audible.

We assume that in the course of "Stage 3 upgrade" there were any mistakes, or valve body wasn't modified at all. Because obviously transmission doesn't cope with the engine. And in general it works incorrectly. The car is stuck now. Till we'll find some solution.

And now the main questions.
Did somebody here knows, what exactly include in “GTM Stage 3 Transmission Upgrade”, what changes they do with valve body? This information is necessary for us to inspect the gearbox and find what’s wrong. Besides I’ll appreciate for any advice about this problem and I’ll more appreciate if somebody help me to reach the GTM team. Because despite all this story, they made a HUGE work. But for some reason left it unfinished and refuse even to give a simply information.

Thank you and sorry for the large topic.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Sorry to hear about your troubles. If you can't resolve it with the owner, you have the option of working with the Better Business Bureau or a lawsuit.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Weird...I've heard people rave about the support from GTM. Good luck with the troubleshooting.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”