The Official BS CHAT thread of gaming!

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
EpicNightMayor
Car: 1989 Mazda B2200 waiting insertion of a KA24DE

Tell what game you're working on beating now, or what you've accomplished in games, if you need help doing something, or if you're going to pick up a new system.

I put 100 dollars down today on an Elite package that's coming out in a couple weeks. 400 dollars for Halo 3, Fable 2, and the normal s*** that comes with the elite, I may just switch over to arcade and upgrade the hard drive.

and can anyone explain to me the "jasper" edition.

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

My current attention is on finishing the last 12 events in the NFS Undercover career mode for the 100 pt achievement, also trying to get the achievement for one of the master races. I'd try for the multi-player achievements but the people who play NFS multi-player are cheap and I doubt anyone is even playing this game anymore.

Also playing XBA Outrun and XBA Lode Runner and occasionally I'll work on finishing up Banjo Kazooie. Looking forward to Banjo Tooie.

I'll go back to Midnight Club LA once I finish up the events in NFS, to finish getting those achievements.

Axel Grungy
Car: 2001 G20 5spd

ive recently started playing R6V2 again. Getting somewhat bored with cod5.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Borrowed COD4 from a friend. I'm playing through the singleplayer campaign. I like it, but the NPCs are really pissing me off. It's like Half Life 2 all over again, except that it's 5 years later and IW should have learned that lesson by now. EVERY SINGLE TIME I go to fall back I run into a doorway full of NPCs. Almost every grenade death I've had has been due to NPCs either blocking my exit or PUSHING ME INTO the grenade. I've been pushed out from behind cover into enemy fire by them, too.

The game controls well, though, and the feedback is excellent. There's rarely a question of where fire is coming from and the game does a good idea of keeping the player well informed with a minimal UI.

Chaotic_Warlord

You think the NPC's are bad in COD4 you should try playing COD5, the grenade spawning will drive you insane and the enemy just keeps coming until you reach a certain point on the board where the programming shuts them off. It's next to impossible to move forward, especially on the veteran difficulty. I got so hard and so absurd that I just stopped playing the single player campaign. The hardest section of Modern Warfare on Veteran difficulty is by and far the first to last level where you are in the missile silo.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

EpicNightMayor wrote:and can anyone explain to me the "jasper" edition.
One Minute Jasper Primer

How to Spot a Jasper

Jasper Dissected

Perhaps someone should explain Google to you as well. JFWY

I've got too many games I that need completion to list. I wish I were 15 again with all that free time, but then I couldn't afford all the toys!

Chaotic_Warlord

I'm with you Busy, I still haven''t finished the first GOW, or GTA IV, or the first RSV and I'm sooooooo close to finishing up Forza 2.

So what games do you guys have that you just play multiplayer and what do you just play the single player on? For me COD 4 and 5 are strictly multiplayer and my racing games I just do the single player on.

EpicNightMayor

BusyBadger wrote:Perhaps someone should explain Google to you as well. JFWY
what is this Google Machine you speak of?

hitbychance
Car: 2008 350z
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L hemi

a while back i got RROD which i fixed myself via xclamp fix, yesterday my xbox decided to go no video, i again fixed the xbox which prevented me from buying a new one. It was made in 2006 FTW oldie, and im currently working on cod5 rank up

EpicNightMayor

i haven't had a problem with my ps3 at all yet. nor my wii.

I swear to god if I buy a 360, and it breaks within a week, I will drive to wherever the f*** bill gates lives, shove it up his intellectual a** and ask him how he likes being f***ed over.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I did the AC130 air support mission in COD4 today. So much fun. I pretty much just sat on the Bofors cannon and watched bodies scatter.
BusyBadger wrote:Perhaps someone should explain Google to you as well. JFWY
Here. Let me Google that for you.

ProudNissanFreak
Car: 2005 Imaginary WRX STi, 2003 Civic

I've beaten what few PS3 games I've got. Probably pick up Infamous when it comes out.

Chaotic_Warlord

MinisterofDOOM wrote:I did the AC130 air support mission in COD4 today. So much fun. I pretty much just sat on the Bofors cannon and watched bodies scatter.
That's the best level in a game ever, Not only is it fun and has a high replay value, but the dialogue that the aircrew has with each other is pricelessly funny. What makes it even funnier is that that is pretty much dead on how air crew would talk to each other on an air support mission.

OriginalWheelman
Car: '15 Ford Focus Electric

I dusted off my SNES to play Super Battleship, I forgot how much fun that game is. I've also been playing a bunch of Master of Orion 2. I found it for sale on Atari's website and I'm running a DOS emulator and playing it on Vista. It's a great multiplayer game. And when I need to shoot something I load up BF2142 and play a few rounds.

Chaotic_Warlord

Anyone here remember Scorch? That was classic, XBLA has a reasonably decent version of it on there, but I don't know if it's worth the 1200 MP, once it drops in price I'll pick it up.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:Anyone here remember Scorch? That was classic, XBLA has a reasonably decent version of it on there, but I don't know if it's worth the 1200 MP, once it drops in price I'll pick it up.
We used to play Scorch back in Electronics instead of doing our electronics projects.

I'd rather play Worms, though (of which there is also a good version on XBLA).

OriginalWheelman

MinisterofDOOM wrote:I'd rather play Worms, though (of which there is also a good version on XBLA).
Another reason to replace my 360. I'm missing Geometry wars. Not enough to buy a 360, but it was a sweet game.

takethewall
Car: 1994 300zx n/a, 1998 I30

Currently playing the new Star Ocean game. It's pretty fun but the dialogue and voice acting is awful. I bought it used at gamestop so I can take it back in 7 days and get a full refund.

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

I'm on a 2nd playthrough of Mass Effect, working my way through Dead Space and I just started Crysis.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

OriginalWheelman wrote:
Another reason to replace my 360. I'm missing Geometry wars. Not enough to buy a 360, but it was a sweet game.
Hell, you can do much better than the XBLA worms even without an Xbox. If you have a PSP, get Worms Open Warfare 2 (NOT Open Warfare 1, which was severely neutered). It might be portable but it's still among the best Worms titles ever. Has online support with clans and stats.

Or just order Worms World Party for the PC from the Team17 website. It's the newest "big" Worms and still recieves patches and attention from the devs and has an active community.

OriginalWheelman

I don't own a console ATM. I'm trying to decide between another 360 and a PS3. If I get either that is. The big deal for the PS3 is GT5. I really only play racing games and I love gran turismo. The racing games on the 360 suck IMO (except burnout ), but I haven't played anything that came out within the last 6-8 months. The other thing is a lot of my friends play halo and we played together a lot on XBL. That really the only thing the 360 has going for it other than the price.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

OriginalWheelman wrote:I'm trying to decide between another 360 and a PS3. If I get either that is. The big deal for the PS3 is GT5.
So you're considering a PS3 for a title that's won't even be out for close to a year (March 2010).
OriginalWheelman wrote:The racing games on the 360 suck IMO (except burnout
Yeah, the Forza series is just awful, isn't it?

It just reads a little odd to me that you would consider the PS3 for GT5 but your favourite racer on the 360 is Burnout. One is a driving simulator while the other is an arcade driving game, you might as well compare the Falcon flight sims to 1942.

Forza 3 is set for a holiday 2009 release. If you're going to delay your decision that long you might want to take it for a spin and see what its got to offer and then choose.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I dug out my POS PIII 500 laptop and am playing through Diablo yet again.

I have a level 15 Rogue named Buttwench who just finished clearing level 6. I'm getting pretty lucky with gear this time around. I found a book of Town Portal early on which saved a lot of cash. I have a bunch of Holy Bolt books that I can't read yet, too. I'll save them for later since Holy Bolt works on Diablo.

Rogues rock in Diablo 1. Thanks to not having to deal with ammo/quivers, you can just stand in a doorway and let fly until everything sounds dead. Oh, and those @#$%ing cowardly GoatMen aren't nearly as annoying when you can just sit back and sling arrows at them. Stupid Warriors get to chase them ALL OVER the level. Baaa. Baaaa. Die.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:
That's the best level in a game ever, Not only is it fun and has a high replay value, but the dialogue that the aircrew has with each other is pricelessly funny. What makes it even funnier is that that is pretty much dead on how air crew would talk to each other on an air support mission.
I have to say the sniper level is better - good God its so much fun taking the shot from the hotel and trying to GTFO afterwards....

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

The sniper level was definitely awesome. I wish they hadn't cut so abruptly from seeing the hotel to suddenly being up there watching the meeting, though.

The tension when you're crawling through the field trying not to be seen earlier on is crazy.

At the end of the level I completely forgot about whatshisname and ran for the copter. Then I had to go back and grab him and run back again.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Haha, that end part pissed me off so many times on Veteran...find a good place to hide, the chopper comes down, you run for it, forget the old dude, go back, get shot, and have to do it all over again....I can't even tell you how long that took me to do the first time....

Chaotic_Warlord

It wasn't getting shot that frustrated me on the sniper mission, it was all the damned dogs, especially when you are trying to get to the helo. I generally just camped out by the carousel and picked up any weapon that dead enemies happened to drop near me. I still think that the missile silo is impossible on veteran. Just wait till you get there MOD, you'll be ready to throw your controller through your tv when you get to the tunnels.

OriginalWheelman

BusyBadger wrote:So you're considering a PS3 for a title that's won't even be out for close to a year (March 2010).
Yeah but with luck I would still own it then. It's still the determining factor.
BusyBadger wrote:Yeah, the Forza series is just awful, isn't it?
Yes it is. I didn't care for it at all.
BusyBadger wrote:It just reads a little odd to me that you would consider the PS3 for GT5 but your favourite racer on the 360 is Burnout. One is a driving simulator while the other is an arcade driving game, you might as well compare the Falcon flight sims to 1942.

Forza 3 is set for a holiday 2009 release. If you're going to delay your decision that long you might want to take it for a spin and see what its got to offer and then choose.
Burnout is fun as hell, I only play it for crash mode. I play GT for the realism. I've played Prelude and it's a great follow up, as I would expect.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:Just wait till you get there MOD, you'll be ready to throw your controller through your tv when you get to the tunnels.
I'm already about to throw my controller through something. A lot of things. From the next mission after the sniper one. The one where you have to get back to a helicopter after the assassination. First off, I did half the mission the other day, got pissed, saved and quit. Then I started it up again yesterday and ALL MY PROGRESS WAS GONE. Reset to the beginning of the mission. AWERGSH342160tg8yh4ty[!.

The AI squadmates are useless. They stand there telling me to give them covering fire from 30 yards behind me while I'm taking care of the entire enemy army on my own. I advance, they don't. I need SUPPORT to move forward. Especially since it's timed.

bmike818
Car: 2007 Z

Anytime I feel like throwing my controller, i drop and do 20 pushups or 10 pullups...stress is bad for your heart. If I must I throw my controller on my bed.

...on another subject...fawk I can't believe I have Quit early on my Rep now, just because my Xbox froze in the middle of a match, people thought I quit

The whole Star Trek thing is making me want to play my Star Trek: Legacy http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/794/794732.html

Return to “Gaming”