The great caliber debate!

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I'm still stateside. My .45 is on my hip right now. Going to take my Rem 700 up to the range tomorrow. :naughty:

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Gonna stay stateside or are you still handling things with plans to return to Oki? Has to be nice to shoot while you're home. Too bad the circumstances were full of suck.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Heading back in June. Times like this make me realize I couldn't have hacked it as a married Marine; being away from my wife is driving me crazy.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Truth.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

probably helping her sanity though :)

On the topic of .22 mags, I wish the kel Tec pmr-30 was easier to find. That ugly bastard sounds like a load of fun. And a viable defensive weapon for the recoil sensitive.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

ImStricken wrote: here is what i just posted on that facebook:
"odds are, bullets flying in the sandbox are going to be 7.62. that being said, a car is not "cover". its concealment. so James running across and trying to find true cover, to shoot BACK at the enemy is not cowardly. it was smart. JUST BECAUSE "STUPID" or "UNTRAINED" LOOKS BRAVE, DOESN'T MEAN THOSE BEING "SMART" ARE "COWARDS". Its hard to look "heroic" 6 feet under. Maybe if those fallen officers did what james did = they'd be alive today, and could have saved other officers as well. Standing out in the middle of the road waiting to get plucked off like sitting ducks is stupid, not heroic."

"[/i]
This is the direct result of the poor mainstream "tactical" training prevalent today.

In ALL the big name classes students are marching upright toward the paper target while firing and it very few of them ( Mosby, Max velocity and Mason Dixon tactical) do they practice actual fire and movement.

This school of training is easy on the instructors and looks cool on youtube vids but makes for bad habits

Return to “The Great Outdoors”