The best choice for the GOP in 2016

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-t ... net-2015-7

Put these two up against Hillary.

What could possibly go wrong

Telcoman

R/T Hemi
Car: 2010 Challenger R/T
2012 TSX

Republicans, the only party where they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find anyone who knows how to spell "president."

How you doing telcoman, it seems it's election time again. Is it too early to predict another landslide Democratic victory?

I guess I should sign this as a card carrying member of the Hillary for President movement. Darn, there are a lot of us.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Yes there are but not many of us on this forum.

Bernie is raising a few issues for her to attend to after she wins the election. :)

Telcoman

telcoman

R/T Hemi wrote:Republicans, the only party where they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find anyone who knows how to spell "president."

How you doing telcoman, it seems it's election time again. Is it too early to predict another landslide Democratic victory?

I guess I should sign this as a card carrying member of the Hillary for President movement. Darn, there are a lot of us.
Hillary’s Secret Weapon: Trump

http://online.barrons.com/articles/hill ... jemb_mag_h

"So, if The Donald does manage to get on the November 2016 presidential ballot, either as the GOP standard bearer or as a third-party insurgent, it would seem the Democrats—whom he formerly supported—would be the big beneficiaries.

Big Mac-iavelli, celebrate with a salad. "

I'm rooting for Trump to be the republican nominee :chuckle:

Telcoman

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

He's leading now, but I don't see Trump winning the Republican nomination. His unabashed narcissism with thin skin will not probably sit well in the long run with the moderates or independents. After watching that Foxnews trainwreck called the RNC debate, I'm sure hardcore conservatives will disagree, but as an independent, I think only Kasich improved his position, despite getting so little air time compared to Trump.

RCA

Republicans, the only party where they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find anyone who knows how to spell "president."
I actually like Ben Carson. He's gained popularity after the 1st debates. I'm not a huge fan of his religion push but he seems like a smart guy.

Trump scares me. I feel like he shouldn't have a chance but he polls so well.
I am hoping those who love him are the minority and when it comes time to choose the Rep. candidate he doesn't have enough momentum to win. If he wins the Rep. seat, he has a chance to win it all. I cringe at the thought of Trump dealing with sensitive foreign affairs issues.

If he loses the primary and runs independent, the Dems will walk off into the sunset.

As for Hilary she has gained a lot from Trump. He has been the center of attention keeping peoples eyes and ears away from her email issues. She has been dropping in her favorability polls as more and more people are seeing her as "just your typical politician".

It will definitely be an interesting 2016 election.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

telcoman wrote:I'm rooting for Trump to be the republican nominee :chuckle:

Telcoman
Careful! Accidents could happen ... Hillary could implode due to her legal shenanigans after being chosen as the Democrat nominee ... and then Trump would get elected! Oops! A red-face moment for the Democrats if that happens! And Republicans too, I suppose ... I don't support Trump in the slightest, fwiw.

Z

mixeds14
Car: 240

I like trump, I like the fact that he's not a politician but don't like the idea of him becoming the president. I'm afraid that his ego is goin to make this country pay for it. There a lot of country's that don't already like the U.S. And him talking like a bully is not going to help. If he thinks that he's goin in to Washington and tell people what to do like its his own business, he got another thing coming.. Lots of politician don't like him on both of the sides of the isle, I believe his time there would be miserable and that's when the real trump will come out. Just hope people are ready for it..

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

See trump-reaches-new-low-fascism-at-its-ut ... 05335.html for why I think that Trump has finally reached the point where he seriously needs to be kept out of any contention of running for the office!

Z

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Don't underestimate the undercurrent of angst he taps into. If he is nominated, people will vote for him. It terrifies the s*** out of me, but to assume the angry masses won't show up to vote for him is a mistake. People are pissed off. Exactly how pissed and how many is a mystery that a Trump nomination would answer. I've never seen such a terrible field of candidates on both sides. We are f*** no matter who wins. I think I would vote for Howie before any of these candidates. At least his insanity is somewhat entertaining.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Trump More Than Doubles National Lead in NBC/WSJ Poll
Trump is the first choice of 33 percent of national Republican primary voters - his highest percentage in the poll. He's followed by Ted Cruz at 20 percent, Marco Rubio at 13 percent and Ben Carson at 12 percent. Chris Christie and Jeb Bush are tied at five percent. No other Republican presidential candidate gets more than 3 percent.

Trump's 13-point lead over Cruz is an increase from last month, when he held a five-point advantage over the Texas senator, 27 percent to 22 percent.

telcoman

This is not something new in American Politics

I still remember the last time

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/1/15/d ... ge_wallace

Telcoman

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Yeah, America would never elect someone who really has no substantive qualifications to lead the country, but just appeals to some anger and hatred and promises them everything they say they want while knowing they can't deliver.

Oh, wait a minute. :eek:

People are madder than they were than. Better nominate Sanders. It's crazy time and you need to pull out your wild candidate. ;)

Top that whacky s***, Trump. :spitout:

Return to “Politics Etc.”