temperature sensor location?

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
ghost01
Car: Partying, Sex, School, Work, Most important CARS!!

I was woundering if somebody would help me locate the temp. sensor on or near the intake manifold, i cant seem to find it, also im not sure what im lookng for! thanks Greg

rpg_dog

It is that little metal section in your intake piping connected directly to your air box, take it off, and look inside, you will see a set of little wires inside of a little hole, that is it.There is no AIT sensor near the intake manifold.

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

Coolant temp sensor is immediately behind the power steering pump just to the left of the rocker arm cover. There are 2 that you need to check, one with a 2 wire plug that goes to the gauge in your cluster, and one single wire plug that goes to the ECU to tell it wether the car is hot or cold. They sit side by side.

R240NA

ghost01 wrote:I was woundering if somebody would help me locate the temp. sensor on or near the intake manifold, i cant seem to find it, also im not sure what im lookng for! thanks Greg

Since you've gotten two different answers, here's a third. On the dual cam KAs, the coolant temp sensor is mounted on the inlet pipe going into the head from the radiator. It's a 2-prong sensor. The smaller one beside it is the sending unit for the temp gauge.

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

R240NA is correct in that, theres a little metal tab/flap thing thats just to the right of the collant inlet on the head. Its kind of a ***** to find, but it has a rubber boot over it and is filled with dielectric grease.

Rick

ghost01

The reason why i ask is i purchased the GBOX off ebay and im supposed to run it through the (I think its called the AIT?!) Anyways its a 2 wire set-up that runs 5 volts thats all i know! thanks for help Greg

R240NA

ghost01 wrote:The reason why i ask is i purchased the GBOX off ebay and im supposed to run it through the (I think its called the AIT?!) Anyways its a 2 wire set-up that runs 5 volts thats all i know! thanks for help Greg

You've just wasted your money. That is another little POS scam people like to run. It's supposed to tie into your intake air temp sensor, the 2-prong unit on the airbox, but it does NOTHING. Do a search, I posted a long reply about it not long ago.

ghost01

Thanks for the info! That really f-ing sucks. Oh well i guess you live and you learn!

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”