TBO R32 GT-R // Twin GT2871R-10 installed !

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
R32GTR/Iceland
Car: Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R
Audi S4 Quattro 5cyl 2.2 Turbo "Daily"

I decided to go with Twin GT2871R-10 turbos. I initially was going single with a precision 6765 turbo but then got a good deal on a GT4202 but the hotside was a little to big T6 1.15 a/r. So the easier option was just buying two Garrett GT2871R

just ordered some Deatchwerks 870cc injectors aswell today. And will also be putting in dual fuel pumps ;)

. Twin GT2871R // ported stock manifolds and ported exhaust housing to match
. Kakimoto 3.5" full exhaust system
. Exedy Twin plate clutch
. Greddy FMIC and pipes
. VEMS Standalone - not installed yet
. HKS EVC 5 Boost controller
. Zeitronix Wideband + EGT
. 2x Blitz bov´s
. N1 Waterpump
. HKS Kevlar Cambelt
. Nismo Oil cap
. Nismo Radiator cap 1,3 Bar
. Nismo engine and transmission mounts
. NGK iridium sparkplugs
. Nismo transmission mount
. Driftworks upper links
. Defi Watertemp gauge
. Full Roll cage

. Apexi coil-overs

. TBO Bodykit
. Abbey Motorsports valve covers
. Volk racing 17x9" wheels
. Xenon Headlights 8500L diamond white

couple pictures

the turbos and manifolds that are installed now

and this was the GT4202 with a 1.15 a/r T6 hotside which i planned to use at first. But was a bit too big ;)

Image[/QUOTE]

tyndago

What are your horsepower goals?

I like to run 1000 cc injectors more most modified cars. They give you plenty of headroom, and they run and idle fine with most ECU's. The RB rev's high, so you run out of time to put fuel in the combustion chamber at high rpms.

What oil pump? The oil pump is the heart of an RB. A bad one will make you have a really, really, really bad day.

R32GTR/Iceland
Car: Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R
Audi S4 Quattro 5cyl 2.2 Turbo "Daily"

tyndago wrote:What are your horsepower goals?

I like to run 1000 cc injectors more most modified cars. They give you plenty of headroom, and they run and idle fine with most ECU's. The RB rev's high, so you run out of time to put fuel in the combustion chamber at high rpms.

What oil pump? The oil pump is the heart of an RB. A bad one will make you have a really, really, really bad day.

yeah i was going to run larger injectors, like FIC 1250-1450cc BlueMAX injectors to be able to run Ethanol in the future. But im still waiting for my tuner to arrive in the country and install my standalone. So i decided to use a bit smaller injectors so i could use the car with a piggyback until he has time to come. Might just run pump+ meth , should be more then enough power.

horsepowergoals for now are just 500+ whp on pump , the car still has a stock engine and stock oil pump so i wont be revving it past 8 k at the most and the boost will be turned down until i will buy a built engine.

I actually had a Supra before the Skyline. Seems like the stock 2JZ is a lot stouter than a stock RB26. Ran the Supra hard and it had a stock bottom end with 264 cams and upgraded valvetrain. Precision billet 71mm turbo. Ran it usally on pump gas and 550+whp but turned it up from time to time on race gas and 700+whp, held up very well

tyndago

The 2JZ has a better oil pump drive than the RB. 3.0 liter> 2.6 liter. That 0.4 liter's of displacement plus a longer rod = more torque at a lower RPM.

I have done 550+ for road course use on an RB with a good oil pump. I have done 650 whp on stock bottom with a stock setup for drag racing. People have done more, but everything has a finite life. The RB revs so easy, that one good over rev, you kill the oil pump. You don't notice it until you have 10 psi at 7000 rpm oil pressure, and spin a #2, or #4 rod bearing

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”