TANABE underbrace...DIY

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

ok! well once again the boss at micro image hook it up big time getting me the tanabe under brace...i hit him up just for a price check up and surprisingly next day his like "is here ready for you"

ok back to topic...tools you will needjackjack stands17mm sockettorque wrenchratchetcrescent wrench

first here,s the item description

ok start lifting the car up and put it on the jack stands, you dont need to remove your tires or the engine under tray at all, just lift the cube enough just so you can fit under it

once you made it under the cube look at the tanabe illustration so yuo can find the installation point of the tanabe underbrace, once you find it start to remove the screws.

you need to break off the bolts since they are dead tight from factory you will need some "huevos" to break them off...lol!

once they start to move a bit put the socket on the ratchet, hold the top nut holding the bolt, use the crescent wrench and start to un screw the bolt at the same time when the bolts are almost out it will look like this

once the bolts are off start to install the under brace with the bolts, twist them just enough so they stay on place along with the under brace, put the socket under each bolt and hit it slightly with the ratchet in that way they will go all way thru and ready for re install the top nut.

hold the nut again with the crescent wrench and bolt it back, once its starts to get really tight, use the torque wrench and make i dead tight or as tight as when you remove the bolt and you are done

cubeperformance.com
Car: Nissan Versa, Titan, 300ZX TT

Damian, are you going to be up there Saturday for the meet? Should be fun. Hope to see you there.

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

cubeperformance.com wrote:Damian, are you going to be up there Saturday for the meet? Should be fun. Hope to see you there.
The micro image meet? yup we are going to the meet up at garms shop for sure! we are just down the street

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

that is very similar to the ultra racing brace i just recently put on... the only differance is that the UR brace comes back and mounts under the CAT where you see the four nuts...

dink74
Car: 09 Nissan Cube 1.8s Scarlet Red, 08 Smart Passion Cabrio Yellow/Black, 04 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi SLT Ye

This looks like a much more substantial setup from UR.

now just need to put and X between the front and rear to make the entire chassis solid. Dink

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

the only thing i am missing out of this photo is the rear lower brace...

kranckerx
Car: 09' Nissan Cube

that was a pretty clean TANABE strut though..

like it a lot bro!!

keep posting dude..

Return to “Cube Forum”