Tanabe coilovers

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
Clipsed
Car: 07 ALL BLACK Nissan C11ST, 01 Mustang GT Vert, and 94 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4x4.

So I found some, and they are $1,500.00, what do you guys think about that price!???

benchthug
Car: 2007 Versa SL HB

its a good price... i would personally get a tien super street kit... its not on their website but you can call them up...

scott@westcovinanissan
Car: 2007 C11X 6sp

Wayne b4 you get the coilovers from Tanabe e-mail me $1,500 is a good price but they also say there NF210's are $220... and I quoted you much less.... Just trying to save you some $$$$...

scottwcn

MiXMa5TaMaX
Car: Nissan Versa

that's just springs though

not full coilovers

for coilovers, it's a pretty decent price

Clipsed
Car: 07 ALL BLACK Nissan C11ST, 01 Mustang GT Vert, and 94 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4x4.

scott@westcovinanissan wrote:Wayne b4 you get the coilovers from Tanabe e-mail me $1,500 is a good price but they also say there NF210's are $220... and I quoted you much less.... Just trying to save you some $$$$...

scottwcn
Yup for sure buddy! I was just letting people know I found somebody that says they have them in stock for that price. I will let you know Scott. THANKS!

versaspeed.com
Car: Viper GTS & SRT10, Prowler, 300ZX TT, Versa SL 6mt, 240SX Race Car w/track records, Titan LE KC

They are not yet in the system, they just received them at Tanabe on Monday and will be releasing them in a couple of days and I will have them in stock and they are posted on the website now with pricing.

weems84
Car: Versa SL

whats gonna be the range of drop on the tanabe coilovers?

EDIT:

NM just found it

FRONT: -1 ~ -2 3/4 in REAR: - 1 5/8 ~ -2 3/4in

MIdnkight-lude

i curious of the rear setup. for anyone who has had a look, it arent spring on strut for the rear. that you would find typical in the front of most car.

it a shock hook to a beam, with the spring sitting between the car, and the beam that hold rear hub.

Clipsed

UPDATE:

I found a second source showing them IN STOCK at $1092.50

weems84

Don't forget our sponsors with the best price i've seen so far, $1029.95.

Go to http://www.versaspeed.com

Clipsed

cool, didn't realize Bob posted a price! THANKS BOB!

shreqboi909
Car: '98 ej8 R.I.P 07 nissan versa/tiida

im waiting for tein....more prestiege....besides, im hopeing dey use my car....but thats til early summer...

weems84

has anyone bought these and installed them yet? Want to know if they are worth it or if I should wait for the tein kit this fall? Any thoughts would be great...

weems84

I guess I will be the first then. Ordered them from versaspeed.com, and got great customer service as always and answered all my questions promptly. After bugging bob with some questions decided to go ahead and get these. Will hopefully install by this weekend and pics up by next week. I'm expecting to get them by thursday or friday via ups.

https://www.shop.versaspeed.co....jpeg

ace rothstein 81
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL, fresh powder, CVT

What's the difference between full coilovers and just springs?

CodeRed
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S MT

ace rothstein 81 wrote:What's the difference between full coilovers and just springs?
Coil overs you can adjust the ride height on demand (at a track) between 1-2.5" drop (im guessing).

http://ezinearticles.com/?Coil...12461

You can read there for a little more in depth.

http://www.suprastore.com/whisdibestco.html

That too, it described the differance.

For a DD springs may be more practical (because of the about $900 difference ) But if you intend on racing at a track a lot you might want to pick up the coils.

weems84

Also the coilovers change the shocks out as well. The spring rate is higher on these compared to stock and the lowering springs. I should get a bit rougher ride but alot better handling.

HareBrained

weems84 wrote:Also the coilovers change the shocks out as well. The spring rate is higher on these compared to stock and the lowering springs. I should get a bit rougher ride but alot better handling.
Handling over stock should be improved but not necessarily. And the ride doesn't have to be rougher.

Although I doubt this is an issue with Tanabe, certain manufactures do not test their spring combinations on the target car. And differences between front and rear could be too drastic resulting in unpredictable handling. Others manufacturers will provide shorter springs with the same rates resulting in less travel and bottoming out.

Ride of the car is affected by more than just the springs but the aftermarket does have the luxury of doing things a little differently because they're not producing 100,000+. Progress Auto does a progressive spring winding by varying the spring diameter such that the spring rate increases significantly while the spring is compressed. This could result in a better ride than stock (it does on the Mini whose stock springs are linear) and better performance when pushed hard.

Lastly, shock dampening and stroke need to matched to the spring characteristics. An aftermarkeret spring that's stiffer and shorter than stock could overpower a stock shock and take it out of it's normal performance range. This is typically exhibited by excessive bouncing, or overshoot going over a bump. (Note the job of a shock is to return the vehicle to it's steady state position. Overshoot is when the energy absorbed and returned by the spring causes the vehicle to move to a position beyond or above the steady state position.)

Bottom line: When buying springs, consider replacing the shocks and struts as a set. When replacing the suspension, consider how the car will be used and whether the combination meets your needs. Lastly, know what you buying is going to behave as you expect.

weems84

The coilovers are a full set, shock strut spring. According to bob at versaspeed tanabe has been making coilover kits for the tiida for almost 2 years now. Being established and working on a almost identical car i would think they have their math worked out with all R&D they do to put out a good product. Why would they make a suspension kit that doesn't improve handling??? I'm expecting these coilovers to be a vast improvement on the vehicle and that i got my moneys worth. Just confused as to why you would think that none of individual parts wouldn't work well together when they have been designed to work together, sold together and all the fitament and research done. Also why make it or sell it if it doesn't improve handling. I would just buy springs instead.

HareBrained

As many of the b-seg cars do not use a strut suspension, the spring and shock are not concentric. And in most instances, the shock position or length prohibit mounting with the coil over the shock. So, most kits use an adjustable perch that mounts in the OEM spring location.

weems84

Just got the coilovers in, little bit of a delay on the ship. Well unpacked the box and found the english instructions last. Put all the parts together and am gonna attempt to install them tomorrow.

If anyone has any tips for the install, probably the folks that changed just the springs. Any advice would be great to help the install go smoother.

weems84

Actually got it installed today. The improvement is amazing. Crisper steering, better road feel, quicker turning, less body roll. Car feels much more solid than before. I dropped the car about 1.65" front and rear. Ican fit only 2 fingers between the the wheel and the fender. Got to take the car tomorrow to nissan fix the TPMS but will put pics up tomorrow afternoon.

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

drool...

obet_07304
Car: Nissan Versa SL

weems84 wrote:Actually got it installed today. The improvement is amazing. Crisper steering, better road feel, quicker turning, less body roll. Car feels much more solid than before. I dropped the car about 1.65" front and rear. Ican fit only 2 fingers between the the wheel and the fender. Got to take the car tomorrow to nissan fix the TPMS but will put pics up tomorrow afternoon.
Pics Please

weems84

Here they are crappy 2meg camera phone. I any requests out there i will retake new pics with my new camera i just got.

I used to be able to fit my whole hand inbetween the tire and fender and now just 2 fingers.

As you can see from the adjuster i can still go about an inch and more lower and slam this thing to the ground . Useless for the road but nice if i decide to show off at a car show or something.

MIdnkight-lude

how does the rear feel, because of the small space in the rear spring. i am kinda debating about going to just spring, and not deal with the small amount of travel distance in the rear which can affect ride quality.

weems84

rear feels good most of the time, with large bumps kinda bounces, but thats cause mine is kinda low. if i set it higher i don't anticipate that problem. These are stiffer than just a spring setup.

Clipsed

damn that is fuggin SexXxy! man-o-man!

weems84

Justing posting some more pics so you can see the diff better. The black s versa is my mom's and is completely stock and the white is mine.

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

I'm in love with those assemblies...

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”