Tail Light and Dash Light issue New owner please help!

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
threenissanfamily
Car: 1992 Nissan Maxima and 2003 Nissan Sentra

I just recently purchased a 1992 Nissan Maxima and I just recenlty noticed that when I turn the headlights on, my tail lights do not turn on with them. As well as my tail lights not turning on, my interior lights on the dash don't come on either. The wierd thing is, when I press my breaks a clicking noise happens and the lights (interior dash and tail lights) turn on as long as my break pedal is pressed down. All of the blinkers work and so do the break pedals at all times.

This worries me because I need to drive my car at night time, but I cannot see how fast I am going if my dash lights dont turn on, and I dont want to not be seen from behind when my tail lights aren't working.

I dont know anything about cars, and I don't want to be taken advantage of if I take my car to the shop. Is this fixable on my own?

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

Try checking all your fuses. I spoke with a friend on AIM, and he thinks that is what it is. He had the same problem on his 240sx.

candmberg
Car: 1991 Nissan Maxima

I have a 1991 Maxima with the same problem. However, my lights don't work with the brake pedal. Did you find the problem with yours? I'm pretty sure it's not a fuse.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”