Sway Bar

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
SR180SX

Anyone try Whiteline, ST, Ebach or other sway bar? any recommandation?

240_Keyy
Car: '90 240 Fastback

I have Whitelines, they are ok. The front one hangs down a bit low though...

driftaholic
Car: reading nico

ST owns

king240

I have adjustable whiteline in the rear, addico 1 1/8" front, works well.

UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

i don't have them yet, but i want suspension techniques. heard nothing but good things about them.

driftaholic

i had a small bit of trouble bolting the front bar onto the chassis, but other than that i love em. if you can, get a friend to help, it'll be a gajillion times easier.

Drift Machine
Car: 1991 KA-T 240sx

I have Suspension Technique front and rear swaybars on my car. They are definately the best mod I have done so far, I felt a huge improvement with them. They made the stock sway bars seem like they had done nothing. Yeah, there is a little difficulty bolting the front sway bar into the chassis. It's tough lining up the holes.

Emperor

If ST are so good then why are they so cheap compared to other brands? or the other brands that much better? i was looking at Cusco for instance, and they cost more than twice as much. Someone please explain.....

tupac03602

well i asked tha same question about sway bars a long time ago and the answer i got was the ST ones, and i have talken to alot of ppl about suspension and such and one thing i keep hearing is ST and how good they are. im goin to get them for my 90 fastback after i put in my shocks, struts and springs because of so much good feed back about them

driftaholic

the cusco ones say "CUSCO" on em

Emperor

lol, gg driftaholic

Cloudedone
Car: Cars, Drifting, Auto Mechanics, Army, Chicks

If you really wanted to know, why not do some research and compare the different company's products? Make some phone calls, ask some questions... Cause all your going to get here is different people giving personal experiance, absolutly NO HARD PROOF!

Sway Bars...

CuscoF: 28MMR: 18MM

STF: 27MMR: 21MM

WhitelineF: 27MMR: 20MM

Theres a start, compare the diamiters, if you are serious about getting the best, call and compare these things...

Bar MaterialEnd Link MaterialAjustablity (whitelines are ajustable)Bushing Material

Don't just take everyones word on it, cause everyone is biased.

Some people have valid points, cause they have actually OWNED different sway bars on the same car, take there oppion, but be warey of the other.

SR180SX

Thicker better?

driftaholic

if the materials are the same, thicker will be stiffer. if the rear bar is stiffer than the front bar, you will have more oversteer/less understeer. if the front bar is stiffer than the rear bar, you will have more understeer/less oversteer. seems to me that if cusco and st materials are the same, then the cusco set's "understeer boost" would be more than the ST's since the front bar is 50% thicker than the rear bar, whereas the ST front bar is only29% thicker than the rear.

p.s. by saying it will give you more understeer, i don't mean the end result will be that your car has undsteer. it could be that the car had massive amounts of oversteer, and the new bars would just make it more neutral by adding understeer...

86b

Is it a good idea to mix and match different brand name sway bars??:help

driftaholic

i wouldn't do it unless you really know for sure what you're doing and that you are very specific in how you want to change your handling

or if you don't really care at all....

SR180SX

Any ideal where to buy?

silviaNE
Car: cars what else?

It dosent matter if you use 2 differnt companies sway bars (frnt ST rear Cusco) just make sure you pick the proper diamiter for you ap) Try http://www.importfan.com for cusco, doluck, and other great jdm goodies. Or go to nopi/summit for ST. The price for ST is about the same evrywhere. While you are at it, I would recomend some TIEN tie rods. Worth 2 bills anyday.

driftaholic

i got my ST's from enjuku for $220. took a week to ship from florida to oakland

Skills

do the ST's come with all mounting hardware and bushings?

driftaholic

the only thing they don't come with are two nuts that hold the front bar onto the chassis. each bracket takes a bolt and nut, and the bars come with the bolts but you're supposed to use the OEM nuts. everything else is included

240_Keyy
Car: '90 240 Fastback

I have a kinda dumb question, but my swaybar hangs way down in the car, like about an inch lower than the oil pan. Is it supposed to do that? I have it installed where you can read "whiteline" from the front, but all the other ones I have seen have all sat above the lower level of the oil pan...

yeswepromise

i just got my Cusco front sway bar yesterday. waiting for my rear one to come in.

HBacura

I have a '95 240, my ? is would it be best just to have the front sway bar or both. I figured that by only having the front bar would help correct the oversteer. Correct me if I'm wrong, I just need some help with determining what would give me the best suspension setup.

Thanx

Tai Mai Shu

unless your geomatry is seriously messed up on your car i doubt you have oversteer. All cars come out of the factory with mild/ moderate understeer ebcause it is easier to correct. only overpriced red horses are nuteral handling. So if you get the front sway bar it will induce more understeer, your better getting both.

driftaholic

:Werd

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

i have an o2 altima 2.5s, any sway, strut, tower braces , for me????

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

sorry bout opsting on wrong forum, dont know what the hell i was thinking, but a reply would be nice, thanx and sorry guys

sixxdeuce
Car: 93 rx7, G35coupe 6mt

Would it be ok to get only a rear bar for my 95 base model since it only came with one on the front? If I got a rear sway bar and a front strut bar would that improve handling. Also is there any difference in the front swaybars between the base models and the se's?

Tai Mai Shu

I don't know my S13 came with both, but my rear is alot smaller than the front one.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”