suspension bits

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
dreamsOfSkylines

My bushings are shot so i was planning on getting some whitelines to replace the oem bits. However I am also saving for a set of Teins for autoX purposes. Would it be a good idea to get aftermarket tension rods or is it unneccasary. I ask because the bushings probably won't fit in aftermarket bits so it would kinda be a waste to buy bushings that i would only use for a little while. Are aftermarket/adjustable control arms a good idea once the car is lowered or will the the pillowmounts offer enough camber adjustment. I don't have tons o' cash but i want a quality set up (hence why I'm saving for teins). Thanks ahead of time. Please don't flame me...

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

adjustable tension rods will only be necessary if you have a caster problem in your allignment, but even if you do not and your bushing is shot, phase 2, and enjuku racing carry various brands of tension rods that feature teflon coated metal bushings.

front suspension arms do not need to be replaced unless you want absolute controll over your suspension dynamics, and weight(aftermarket peices are lighter). REAR upper arms would be beneficial to adjust your rear camber after lowering.

the front pillow balls will provde more than enough adjustment for 90% of uses on the front.

you can get NISMO bushings through courtesy nissan.-chet

dreamsOfSkylines

Thanks alot. I think the nismo bushings are quite a bit more expesive than whiteline, are they any better or are you just paying for the name? Anyone have experience with cusco, JIC, east bear, or battle version tensions rods and/or rear upper arms? Battle version seems to be the most reasonably priced, but are they the best bang for my buck? Is bumpsteer or caster an issue for lowered 240s? I want to use it for autoX and street so probably will only lower the car 1.5 inches.

Dori Dori
Car: Cars of course

Hey Exar-Kun, do you have a link for some camber adjustable front suspension arms? Thanks.

Exar-Kun

http://www.japanparts.comhttp://www.mvp ... efault.asp

has them from cusco.

I know TEIn made a set I think but I cant find the link.

cusco makes top quality stuff, battle version makes some nice stuff and for the price I think its great. JIC I dont really like, and honestly dont have any reason (good ones anyway) what I dont....*shrug*

there ya go.-chet

Dori Dori

Thanks, that's a lot of money though...I think I'll try the Whiteline Eccentric Bolts before I buy those...

Also, you wouldn't happen to know where I could get a scan of the rear suspension (like from the service manual) for the s13 do you? Thanks!

PS - sorry to hijack your thread, dreamsOfSkylines!

Exar-Kun

Dori Dori

Many many thanks.:rockon

Exar-Kun

I got the entire parts catalog on my computer, I'll see if I can get it posted or something on NICO.-chet

Dori Dori

Since there are legality issues with that, I won't be too hopeful. If you have a fast connection, would it be too much to ask to get that emailed to me?

Thanks again.:)

Exar-Kun

pop me off an e-maila nd I'll send it over if I can.-chet[email protected]

240_Keyy
Car: '90 240 Fastback

I have the BV TC rods and they are SUPER GOOD for turn in. My stock busings were shot and it was all squishy, but no more of that...

Dori Dori

Exar-Kun wrote:pop me off an e-maila nd I'll send it over if I can.-chet[email protected]

emails not working...got another address or is that misspelled?

Exar-Kun

[email protected]sorry. hah.I am jacks typos.-chet

Dori Dori

I keep getting undeliverable messages from that adress as well...Here's mine:[email protected]

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”