Surprised with the TPMS

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Jaesin

Disclaimer: This isn't a "Mine's broken" post.

I hopped in the car to drive to work today, and that dreaded TPMS light came on. Pulled over about a half mile from my house into the corner market, and examined visually all 4 tires, none looked particularly low. I got out my trusty digital PSI gauge, and checked all 4 tires. 31. 31. 30... 26. The sensor went off when one tire hit -5psi below recommended.

I had no idea they were so sensitive! I filled it up with my roadside compressor when I got to work and the light went off during my drive home. This problem would have gone unnoticed until it had gotten to be far, far worse than it is now. Instead I got an early warning indicator I may have a slow leak. Just awesome.

Seems I love my car more and more each day, I've actually encouraged (and successfully converted) 3 other people into versa drivers .

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

+7

;oD!!

motoguy128
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S - 6 Speed

They will also go off if the front and rear pressures are more than about 3psi different.

It's a pretty good basic system. My new BMW motorcycle does 2 better by displaying the pressure of both tires AND correcting the pressure based on ambient temperature to a cold psi at 68F. They only vary by 1 or 2 psi as the tire heat up above ambient while riding. It's pretty cool. The computer also shows average mileage for each tank, distance to empty, and average speed. Typical european. I'm suprised the Versa and Sentra don't have it. Nissan puts a computer in most of their vehicles. We test drove a Murano and Maxima, and both had nice, easy to use displays. A monochrome screen like on my BMW can't cost too much.

BBISHOPPCM
Car: 2006 Murano S/AWD w/ Convenience Package

Welcome to the (TPMS works) club. We meet every Friday. Punch and pie provided. My TPMS went off one morning, I took it to the dealer (oil change time anyhow) and they found a nail in one of my tires. I'd never have known until the tire was totally flat. Thank you TPMS!

GiLLT
Car: Nissan Versa S

i was on my way home Friday at 1:15am just gotten off of work got off of the highway and there is my TPMS light popping on. thankfully i was 2 miles away from my house. pull in the driveway and all i heard was the hissing of air coming out of my tire. i turned my music down those 2 miles on the way home noticed nothing so i thought just low tire pressure. but once i parked it was pretty much flat within a minute. I really do love the TPMS though thats the 1st time I've experienced the light coming on. but it is a nice warning. i don't know what it is i ran over but it put a nice hole in the side wall of my tire, so had to go fork out $70 bucks for a new one.

Demonspawn
Car: 2007 Sapphire Blue Versa HB SL/CVT Tech Pkg, 1998 Mustang

well guess i belong to the club now first thing this morning noticed my light was on made it to the service station and low and behold all tires were at 27 psi just had the pressure checked saturday during oil change. filled them all up to 33psi and light went away. guess it must have been the drop in temp. last night so now i will have to keep an eye on them just in case i have a slow leak somewhere

Return to “Versa General Chat”