Super HICAS on a R32?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
whitetiger777
Car: 1990 R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R

So I did a google search and it seems a few people have asked this question but no one really gave an answer, can the HICAS on a R32 GT-R be swapped out with a Super HICAS system?

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

The only real difference between HICAS and Super HICAS was that Super had an electric actuator motor instead of a hydraulic pump. I can't see why they couldn't be swapped out, but you'll need to make sure you get the computer system that controls the rear actuator pump.
Wikipedia: wrote:Earlier HICAS versions used hydraulics to steer the rear wheels. The hydraulic system was powered by the power steering pump and used speed sensors to determine how much and in which direction to steer the rear wheels. Later versions, called Super HICAS, moved to an electric actuator for the rear steering rack, making the system much lighter. The Super HICAS system also used its own computer to control the system instead of speed sensors.

whitetiger777
Car: 1990 R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R

The super HICAS is a little quicker in the response timing. I was just curious if anyone has done it.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”