sunroof problem. Please help

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
park2086
Car: 2006 M45 sport

I just noticed that my sunroof opens few inches at a time.Our sunroof has only two buttons: one close and the other one for tilting and opening, right?Well, I also noticed that when I push the close button from already closed position, it actually tilts.I looked up the manual and tried to follow the instruction, but failed because my sunroof would start moving to tilt position(when I am the step to push & hold the close button from closed position).Anyone had this problem before?I'd love to save a trip to dealership if it's possible for me to fix.Thank you

mtnm35x
Car: m35x

I have a similar problem with a 2006 M35X. The sunroof does not set at the closed position. it will either bypass the closed position or stop short then tilt when I try to close.

is this a common issue for people?thanks for any input

jbillion
Car: 2004 M45 Premium Package
No mods, just keep it clean.
2008 Altima 3.5 SL CVT

This happens to me everytime I disconnect the battery. All I have to do is tilt the sunroof open and close it again, and the auto open function starts to work again. I have an 04, so I am not sure if this will work for you.

park2086

yeah, i tried that too.But the close button shouldn't even tilt the sunroof from the beginning.I don't know why it does that. I don't even know if my sunroof is closed all the way. I had to eyeball it.I'm sure it's because the battery was disconnected when the car was at the dealership for fixing passenger seat.On the way out of the dealership, I did all the doors back to auto.I didn't know the sunroof had to be fixed too.But i just don't get the part that the sunroof is tilting when I push close button.Well, thank you for input though.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Hey there,

Did your battery die recently? Or was it disconnected?

The reason I ask is because your sunroof is out of time. To fix this you will need to: 1.Fully open the window, pressing the button several times will be required.

2.Fully close the window,pressing the button several times will be required.

3.Once the window is fully closed hold the button for five seconds, to reset the close position.

After five seconds hit the Open button once a see if the window rises.

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

If that does not work than I highly suspect that your sunroof motor has internally failed and lost the ability to retain position memory. It will require replacement.

park2086

thank you for reply.I can't fully close the sunroof though because it starts tilting when I *think* it's fully close. I finally had to 'eye-ball' it to close.The close button doesn't close it all the way. It continues on to tilt it, so I really don't know when's actually fully closed. But I'll try again. Thank you

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

It sounds more like you need a motor. I would suggest getting it to the closest to closed you can and then taking it to the dealer. Inform them you have tried to reset it to no avail. It should be covered under warranty.

park2086

yeah i haven't tried yet, but sounds like it's the motor.I'll make sure I try what you said first. Thank you!

mtnm35x
Car: m35x

My battery did die recently.I went through your suggested stepsIT WORKS

thanks for the fix

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”