stupid curbs!

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Cloudedone
Car: Cars, Drifting, Auto Mechanics, Army, Chicks

Ok, i there i was driving down the round minding my own business, turned a corner, and a curb jumped off the side of the street and landed right in front of me!

Not really... more like spinning out backwards around a corner, my back tires went up a driveway (whew) but the front wheels hit the curb had sliding backwards...

I put my car up on my rack and found i need:

2x Tension Rod's2x Tension Rod mounting subframing pieces...1x Sway Bar End Link1x Lower Control Arm1x Inner Tie-Rod1x Outer Tie-Rod

I'm hoping that my frame isn't messed up though, the lower radiator subframing looks like it might be pushed to the front of the car, but i wont know until i try to mount up my new subframing pieces tomorrow...

Moral of the story:

When learning how to drift in 3rd gear at 70+ MPH, stick to the parking lots...

Total repair costs so far:

$280 (Thank God i work at nissan)

Jean
Car: Wing chun

Opps, I'll make a mental note not to try that stuff either.

You work at nissan? Can you get me Jdm s15 sticker(the red S)? thanks

Cloudedone

Nope, sadly, i can only get US Nissan part #'s... Except i can get anything in the Nissan Motorsports catalog, Stillen, Greddy, JIC, Bremo, Cusco, NOW (nissan only wreckers), NGK, KYB, all at cost... ;) but cost is only good if you have money for it, which i don't.

Myrk
Car: Cars, Drifting, Games, Manga's, random things from Japan...

Hehe I know what you mean about the Stupid curbs. I tried drifting out of my school parking lot only to slam into the curb. Thankfully the only damage done was to my passenger side rear rim.(still looking for a replacement) Back to the parking lot for more schooling.

ninjak84
Car: S13, Z32, Titan

That's alot of damage for a simple "curbing"!

termnl

Yea....I had one of those not too long ago. I just had inner/outer tie rod damage and my lower control arm was mangled(it ended up sitting on the curb, bending the control arm around all of the bolts=lots of fun with a hacksaw)

Cost me more than you paid for those 3 parts + a new boot for good measure.....unfortunately, I dont work at nissan..:mad:

s13driftmobile
Car: drifting

i was drifting a cornner in my 90 240 and hit a curb sideways and bent the hell out of my rear lower control arm and my swaybar. i think im gonna stick the parking lots

Cloudedone

Took it to the alignment shop, he said all the repairs i made where good, but it was still needing sloted camber bolts on one side, so i know somethings still kinda screwy with it, i'll be gettting C/O's soon, hopefully them and the PBU mounts will take care of everything...

tupac03602

all i can say is thank god i stick to parking lots lol

BabyboyDeLa240
Car: Cars, Girls, and Money

I wasn't drifting or anything but i hit a curb too but that cause my @zz could not park right... just scratched the hell outta my right front rim....

brent
Car: cars, racing

I have 2 extra tc rods and mounts if you still need them, make me an offer

Lsnaple

i know what you mean. i tried to drift a 90 degree left turn doing about 45 or so and downshifted into second...ended up about an inch from the right side curb backwards. scary, but fun as h e l l.

oh yea, i forgot to mention he road has those little white bumps in the middle.

daniel240
Car: cars/motocross

Yea a damn curb caught one of my rims while drifting in the snow!

that180guy
Car: cars&girls...cut the last part out

ahhh yes, stupid curbs. Ive been thru that one.

1x inner tie rod1x outter tie rod1x control arm1x t/c rodtotal: $200 (too bad i dont werk at nissan)

all in all, learnin experience.:D god damn understeer and narrow streets

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”