Stucked in strange situation

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
RoCkDj
Car: G35 Infiniti Turbo

Hi guys , I'll start off with some basic list of mods on the G35 2006
Its fitted with wiseco forged 8.5.1 compression , turbo charged with HKS 3037 kit boosting at 1.3 bar with 450whp . Management I'm using Osiris Up-Rev. So this is my problem.

One day as usual driving the car suddenly starts to misfire sputtering.. manage to limp my way to the workshop. So we shut it off , and tried to start again but it wouldnt start , with acc turned on , the CEL light would blink and with some clicking noise on fuel relay at the IPTM . after a few clicks the CEL light will be gone and the radiator fan started spinning. So the mechs decided to check on the electrical faults and found 2 of the ignition signal from the ECU was broken and it was touching , so the next best thing to do would be wiretape it back , check all the groundings , secured done.. The blinking somehow stopped, CEL light recovered . We decided to give it a go , crank but no start... Noticed some smoke coming out from the coils..fried 2 coils.. Electrician decided to do some voltage comparison with other G35 . Mine was strange, with just ignition On , the ecu is sending a 4v signal on my 1st coil and 0.3-0.4v to the rest of the coils... that's without cranking or anything.. So basically my coils fires up even without cranking signal.. How can that suppose to happen ? A bad ECU ? we changed everything possible, even a new condenser. Yet still its the same.. Any solution for this ?

RoCkDj
Car: G35 Infiniti Turbo

no one ?

Gilley

I think that topic is a little advanced for most posters here.

Let us know what you find.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Yes, this is into tuner territory. Feel free to look at the FSMs (link in my sig) for some help, but your shop will be the best bet.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”