Steering Column Part Identification

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
kickdrive

My friend has a MY07 Versa and it was making an awful clicking noise in the steering column. The sound was similar to the turn signal disengage yet was much louder.

I took a floor plate off underneath the break pedal and found a metal clip that was rubbing against said plate. When the clip was turning against the plate it was making this noise.

I have no idea what this could do, but appears to have no function whatsoever. It is attached to one of the bolts that joins the steering shaft in that location, but doesn't appear to be broken... just bent.

I saw another post and someone said they clipped theirs off, but I am hesitant to do so as it isn't my car.

Any ideas?

kickdrive

According to a Nissan Mechanic / Technician...

This clip is used to hold the steering column bolt in place while thecolumn is being installed at the time of manufacture. The clip hasno function after the car's assembly and can be cut off need be.

NODES
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL (Blue)

kickdrive wrote:According to a Nissan Mechanic / Technician...

This clip is used to hold the steering column bolt in place while thecolumn is being installed at the time of manufacture. The clip hasno function after the car's assembly and can be cut off need be.
mine fell off and then i just threw it out, hoping it served no purpose.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”