SR20VE turbo parts?

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
poweredbyNismo
Car: 1996 Nissan 200sx (project)

so im looking to upgrade my SR20VE so i can have at least some fun while im collecting parts for my fully built 260HP NA SR20VE goal.. and i saw the JGY turbo kit for SR20DE for $1500 :O which is perfect to run say... 240ish to wheels on stock internals? so im wondering if the same kit would bolt up to the VE.. kinda like Honda B20B Non-VTEC parts bolt up to B18Cs, B16Bs (etc.)

any input is appreciated.

nismo4life11
Car: 01 Nissan Sentra SE
05 Nissan 350ZR

poweredbyNismo wrote:so im looking to upgrade my SR20VE so i can have at least some fun while im collecting parts for my fully built 260HP NA SR20VE goal.. and i saw the JGY turbo kit for SR20DE for $1500 :O which is perfect to run say... 240ish to wheels on stock internals? so im wondering if the same kit would bolt up to the VE.. kinda like Honda B20B Non-VTEC parts bolt up to B18Cs, B16Bs (etc.)

any input is appreciated.
Yup will be a pretty easy bolt on build but remember you will need things like exhaust, downpipe, ECU, and need to get the block drilled for the oil return. Side note dont really trust JGY but thats just me heard quite a few nightmare stories about them. Id say save up and just do your NA build if thats what your plans are. Although I will bring up that Ive never heard of an NA SR motor (VE or not) going anything much over 230 crank HP. If it were me Id say screw NA and just turbo with a T28 at about 14psi and it will put you around 270-280 ish whp it will be cheaper and easier and more rewarding in the long run. Another note you will be fine on stock internals (rods, crank, valve train) all the way up to 400 HP on a SR anyways so no worries there. Just my 2 cents take it for what its worth lol

Josh

SR20?
Car: 92 Sentra SE-R - Turbo'd
92 Sentra SE-R - JDM swapped daily

The SR20VE has a compression ratio of 11:1. Not a very good CR for boost. I'd be kinda nervous about running 14psi on factory VE internals. Yes, the factory SR20 internals are beast and can probably handle it for a while, but a lot of boost on that high CR could cause detonation or other problems.

They do make forged low compression pistons for the VE, though. :naughty:

94sunnyGTSsr20vet
Car: 1994 Nissan Sunny GTS (SR20VET)

I have a Blue Bird Turbo kit on mine @ 8psi, its running great. just set your timing to 15* & spark plugs gapped to 40 also you will need a FPR,Z32tt Fuel filter,ECU tuned for your set up,boost controller & boost gauge,Tap you block for oil return,water lines, oil lines,slim electric fans,N60 maf or better.You need Turbo set up T28 or better with down pipe.let me know if you need info or need help on what to do or get.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”