SPC rear camber kit install (some pics)

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

What: SPC Rear Camber Kit (camber arms and toe bolts)

Why: For lowered suspensions Nissan didn't allow for enough adjustment

Cost: $150 shipped

TOE BOLTS:Tools used: 19mm socket, 17mm socket, breaker bar, 2 socket wrenches, sharpie, Dremel & #115 dremel bit

Jack the car up with jack stands. Loosen stock toe bolt. Using hydraulic jack raise the bucket (control arm) slightly. Pull out the toe bolt.

Lower the jack just enough to let the control arm past the hole. Place template.

Using sharpie color the sides of the hole to elongate. To save time since I don't plan to put a lift kit on my car i marked only the INSIDE edge. Don't forget to do both sides on the arm.

Using the dremel, carve away at the hole until you can no longer see your marker. Make sure that you have dremeled enough by inserting new toe bolt with washer and ensuring 360* travel.

Raise the jack to line up control arm with hole and insert new toe bolts.

CAMBER ARMS:I installed these on a seperate day for lack of time and didn't have a camera. These are straight forward.

1) Remove nut from both sides camber arm.

2) Remove/push out the bolt holding it in.

3) Make sure that there are even amounts of threading on either side of the new camber arm.

3) Place new camber arm in place of old one, insert bolts, screw on nuts.

4) Rough adjustment is easily done by holding stock arm in place using the bolt holes. Adjust the new arms to this size and then tighten down nuts on either side of adjuster.

Now, go drive your car to the alignment shop.

SVTCOBRA
Car: 2018 Q60 AWD 2023 F150 4x4 5.0 FX4

Nice job!!

Love the dremel tool! Have used it to modify several air intake boxes!

Was using it the other day on a piece of mirror trim. We were re-doing the kids bathroom. After finishing with it, I set it back down in the box. Evidently, I dropped it on the swith and it came back to life. There was a zip lock bag with some drill bits and stuff in it. The dremel caught a corner of it and started slinging it around. Bits were flying every where! My wife was laughing so hard I thought she was going to wet herself.

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

Nice job!!!

Wish I could give you another Custom Title!! lol

So, how much of a difference in ride quality?

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

Sweeet job.

zozo

all G'd up
Car: 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT

Nice job... I'm figuring I'll need the camber arms with the 350z s.tech springs?, but what exactly is the "toe" and do you think I'll need to replace that too??thanks

tollboothwilley

G_whizz wrote:Nice job!!!

Wish I could give you another Custom Title!! lol

So, how much of a difference in ride quality?
Def. a better feel for all. Better on take off, feels more stable in turns. Seems much better after the drop.
all G’d up wrote:Nice job... I'm figuring I'll need the camber arms with the 350z s.tech springs?, but what exactly is the "toe" and do you think I'll need to replace that too??thanks
Yes, you will need both camber arms and toe bolts.camber arms adjust the front edge of the rear tire, the toe bolts allow for adjustment for the rest of the tire. Without both you will not get back to the stock specs.

all G'd up
Car: 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT

I understand the camber adjustment, but not sure how the tow works...? You think I'll only need camber arms and toe bolts for the back? Where did you get your camber & toe kit at for $150??

4drmadness
Car: 04 g35 infiniti sedan

how come you didnt get the spc front camber kit?

tollboothwilley

i didnt get the front camber kit because:

#1) it is much more expensive#2) the tires aren't wearing like the back, the toe isn't out as bad#3) i rotate my tires so it keeps them wearing pretty evenly

in the future I might get the front camber, but with the back ones back to spec I dont think its as important for me since i only have 1" drop

4drmadness

looks like rear camber kit is on my to do list as well.

tollboothwilley

ya, you should. but in time. I went a whole year without the camber kit.

If you lower more than 1" you should do this right when you do the lowering.

4drmadness

hmm i see. i looked at people selling coilovers for a lot of $. what exactly do they do?

tollboothwilley

coilovers add a lot of adjustability to ride height.... Some allow adjustability to dampening rates as well so you can have a smooth ride, or a stiff ride. Either way you dont have to try and match the dampening rates between the springs and struts. The coilovers match them together for you, and make a perfect match. This is one of the reasons they are so expensive.

BrandAidDesignG35
Car: G35

Excellent write-up John... You have the 350z springs correct?

Looks nice, oh, I noticed you have stern wheels too, I think you have the gunmetal ones right?

I'd love to see more side shots Do you wish you got chrome? I went with aluminum, but man they suit the G superbly.

G

johnnyd6mt
Car: 04 IP g35 coupe 6mt

nice right up! i remember when i had to install mine.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”