Spark Plug location on the 1999 Q45

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
mitviet
Car: 1999 Q45, 2004 Quest

Hi folks... I purchased a 1999 Q45 w/ about 85K on it not too long ago..and now it started to show knocks and pings and sputtering a bit... from the previous owner's service records I know it had a ignition (coil) wire replaced and also spark plugs replaced around 45K miles. So I don't know if another coil is going bad or I need to replace another set of spark plugs... i am not really mechanically incline but I do and can do certain greased job , which replacing spark plugs would not sound like anything challenging.. but boy, was I wrong..i was looking at the engine of this Q45 and for the life of me, I can't spot where those spark plugs are or even see how anyone can work w/ those wires/hoses so tightly placed. Please anyone let me know how i can spot these sparkplugs or if you know of a Youtube video that can show. Thanks in advance.

-- Tony --

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

:welcome: to NICO Tony!

They are more difficult to replace than on some cars. The coil packs sit on top of the plugs with just a boot connecting the coil pack to the plug, and they are a common failure item. The ultimate solution seems to be to replace all 8 packs with new factory parts. The best plug for your car is the factory specified NGK platinum plug. You especially want to avoid Bosch plugs...

Check out your car's factory service manual at www.nicoclub.com/FSM/

Page EM-10 has a decent breakdown of how to remove the spark plugs.

Good luck!

Heath

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”