Source found of Strange Noise in Dashboard!

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
dickiechow

Well we all know these awesome cars are pridefully made with loving care in Mexico. Well I've had a rattle in my dashboard since day one and the dealer refused to disassemble to dashboard saying the noise was normal. So I finally took it apart myself and found the problem. I found the following items inside my dashboard; 2 peso coins, 1 beer bottle cap, a cigarette but, and finally a small dead chihuahua. Now I have no rattle! Hurray!
Modified by d!ck at 10:11 PM 11/29/2008

BBISHOPPCM
Car: 2006 Murano S/AWD w/ Convenience Package

I am sure this is a joke, but these things really do happen!

My father worked for a Nissan dealer from 1978-1993. He was asked to diagnose a rattle in a Stanza wagon in the rear-quarter section (it might have been a Sentra or a Maxima, not really sure). In either case, he took the side panel off, only to find one of the factory workers deliberately welded a coat hanger with several steel washers on it to the inside of the rocker panel. The washers were held together with tape (presumably to pass initial quality tests). Once the tape finally fell off (a year later), they would slide freely along the coat hanger. I believe this particular car was assembled in the US, because the note attached to this device read "Gotcha!!"

True story. I couldn't have made this up if I tried.

Slither

No it's true they used to weld pop cans inside the sills of caddys.

I wonder if they want the union in Mexico? they get paid $2/hr..?

grogman
Car: 2007 versa s hb at onyx blue

consider the source folks. 2 posts. this guy is a newbie and a predator. i would rather have a nissan versa built in mexico than a honda fit built in the usa. truthfully i got my versa used @ 12.500 with 20k and i heard some versa qoutes in the 18k range and 1 in the 19k range. a subcompact reaching towards the 20k range is crazy and most fits are getting close to that number. isn't it also crazy that for some reason i'm guessing this guy is a fit owner. just my take.

Modified by grogman at 5:25 PM 11/30/2008

dickiechow

Predator? Not! Fit owner? Maybe that would have been a better car? Trying to sell my Un-Versatile? Most definitely! Resale value high? No chance! Dealer trade? They don't want it! Classifieds for 3 months, and not one offer! Crap CAR! Dead Chihuahua real? No.

Knightro2
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Must be a Connecticut thing then. The dealers around me are chomping at the bit to get used Vs. They can't keep any on their used car lot. They are selling really well here in Florida.

Un-Versatile? How so? I can't believe what all I can haul in such a small car and how comfortable my passengers are amazed they are when they ride in it. None of my coworkers at first wanted me to drive when going out to lunch. Finally I made them and they were extremely surprised with the room.

Skim302
Car: Nissan Versa S

d!ck wrote:Predator? Not! Fit owner? Maybe that would have been a better car? Trying to sell my Un-Versatile? Most definitely! Resale value high? No chance! Dealer trade? They don't want it! Classifieds for 3 months, and not one offer! Crap CAR! Dead Chihuahua real? No.
Haha. I guess the jokes on you then bud.

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

the versa is pretty popular around here too... the majority of the drivers are either old or have a family... i always catch them looking at my car in disbeleif that it is a versa....

Deke40
Car: 07 Nissan Versa SL HB 08

superskunk wrote: the majority of the drivers are either old or have a family.
I qualify on both counts. I have 30K on mine with the only hicup being the bluetooth module crapping out at 3 months with nary another bobble.

My wife has an 08 Altima that only has 8800 miles(3K of those on a Colorado trip) and we have had it a year this month.

Trying to talk her into a matching Versa Hatch.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”