So, you found NICO and the Skyline forum

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Rabbity
Car: 1998 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 5

So I finally decided to register on this forum after lurking for such a long time. Ahh the skyline bug, it's had a hold of me like a fat kid with cake since I'd say about 95' when my parents and I were waiting at the airport for a crossover flight to Thailand. Being only 8 and infatuated with high end Italian super cars at the time like any other 8 year old would be, i was sitting there with my clunky *** game boy playing something (probably tetris). Batteries died (you know..those double A's don't last forever), and I remembered looking up out the window of the airport and my mom grabbing my arm saying we were going to be late for our flight. But for a split second I saw the most amazing car I've ever seen, only to be seen again when we finally got the internet (lol 56k). I didn't know what it was at the time, I didn't see any badges because of the rush but for 3 long years, i kept that image in my head to use askjeeves.com to search for Japanese Cars or something stupid of that nature back then. Searching and searching and searching nothing to be found looking and then finally giving up for a short term until I walked into a local hobby store and saw it. A scale model of what I saw on that trip a few years prior, an R33 GTR. A few years later a movie which I shall not name (nawwwwwwwwwwws lol) came out and saw it once again in yellow, it was teasing me like when your in bed with your gf and she says she's not in the mood..grr.. It felt as though through all the waiting it was a calling, so I got the JDM bug, while everyone else was buying up civics, integras, preludes and the whole honda bunch I searched for ways to obtain a Skyline. Motorex was the biggest thing at the time, but being a broke high schooler it was still a far far reach away. So dreams faded quickly, and I got my first Nissan - was a 1998 Maxima SE, great first car until some d!ck in a civic t-boned me sending me to the hospital leaving me in a coma for 2 days making me miss prom that year. Then after that with what I got from the lawsuit, I was once on the rise to trying to get a skyline...Then I got a gold digging girlfriend and she ruined all my plans because she was spending all my money from my minimum wage Barnes and Noble job (lol). So summer of junior year came and I made a decision to join the military not for car purposes but for personal reasons. Did my basic training went back to high school, and after graduating HS, did my AIT. A few months later I was deployed came back with a bunch of change in my pocket and thought..MOTOREX! to only find out that it had been shut down :-( . Then I caught the evo bug. But since the new Evo's felt clunky to me and I saw plenty of 4's 5's and 6's (thank you jackie chan) there was just something special about them I couldn't place my finger on. But alas, before the 8's they weren't in the U.S so I set out on my journey to get an evo 5. It was a flop, so I did the next best thing. I converted a Mirage to an Evo with full AWD/ Rear Wiper/4G63T/4 way disc 5 lug/seats/ everything minus the dash but still, it's no true evo even with all the parts. I'm rolling on my next deployment and now I'm contemplating..A R33 GTS/GTR would look fantastic next to the evo clone. But where to start in getting one in the U.S. well..sorry for the long story but..yeah thats pretty much it, if you didn't want to read the whole thing heres a summary

Saw car near airportAsk jeevesFast and furiousMilitaryMade and Evogetting deployed againwhere to get r33 legally.

basically.

Enzo_Guy

I started out on the original Gran Turismo many years ago. I was raised on American muscle and I swear my heart has 8 valves, but I'm also a fan of cars that are affordable and are designed to do nothing more than go around the track fast. At first I was bit by the Lotus bug (which I still have) but soon I was bit by the bug that goes for anything that attempts to make high horsepower and has the suspension to back it up. The Skyline bug REALLY hit when I was at a drift event with a guy I knew (JR Gittin, this was before he got big, back when he was racing his 240SX) and 2 R32s pulled up. Two professional drifters were currently racing, but the entire crowd turned away to look at these Skylines when they pulled up, it was then I realised the true presence of these cars. Like I said, I came from a big V8 background, but I also got into drifting at an early age because people I knew were doing it (back in the days before Formula D was even around). I guess liking both American muscle and drifting is an interesting combination, but because of it I have always had a dream to get my hands of a stripped GTS-T Skyline and drop an LS1 in the bay to create a drifting car that puts down unrivaled torque but has also has a commanding presence.

idmadj
Car: Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type M 1992

I love Rabbity's format:

- 2000-2000: Blitz Skyline R348 on supercars.net - 2001-2002: Videogames/magazines - 2002-2006: Initial D - 2006-2007: Looking for a GTS-t - 2007-2007: Getting a '92 R32 GTS-t

Fun fact: At the time I was looking for a Skyline, one seller didn't want to let his go for under $14k. I tried to negociate to a more reasonable 10k, but all he offered was a new set of tires. Today, his car is still listed for sale, with a pricetag of 9000$ (http://www.musashidirect.com/cars.php the third one from the top)

Next!...

Engel

hello...I used to have a login here a long time ago but can't even remember what my info was (quite a few years ago)...so I created a new one and wanted to start posting here again.

I've always been a JDM junkie. My first car was a Corolla GT-S, then a Prelude, and then a 240sx and so on. I also like some german products so I've owned a 2007 Rabbit, as well as a 87 GTI.

And now, I happened to meet a person that has become a friend that imports cars and will be getting a R32 GTS-t type-M very soon (in white...unless a prettier one comes in soon before I order it).

I had a lot of fun in my '89 240sx and I always wanted a newer one that I could work on. But I was in university and it just wasn't an option. 6 years later, I'm STILL in university, but I graduate very soon and will have a pretty good job to be able to afford a much cooler car which is the R32.

I like cars quite a lot so I will probably buy several off my friend, and then flip them when something else comes up that I want to get. But I will probably have this R32 for at least a year. It already has basic bolt on mods and I would plan to do a few others...which I will go into detail when I get to that point

But I can't wait to get this car. I've had fun reading people's stories from here (read them all) and I will be sure to post more when she lands in Canada.

97katurbosilvia
Car: 97 KOUKI KAT

Hello love this thread, here is a question for all the military people atationed overseas (thank you for what you do). To the point has anyof you ever tried bringing your locally bought japanese car back with you. I have a buddy stationed in okinawa (spelling?) and he brought his rhd s14 back no problem but i lost touch with him and dont know how he did it. just curious have any info. Oh and oh so love the r33gtr NS R35 JUST SAW IN MY LOCAL PAPER an add for the new gtr at my local dealer ship. tempting but i dont know about $2000 a month payments. cheers

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

The military doesn't make it any easier to bring back a Skyline. If you go to the homepage, there are reasons that you can't import it right now. As to how your friend brought back an S14, I have no idea. It could be due to the fact that the JDM S14 has a US counterpart, so it's not that much of an issue. I know something like that has been covered somewhere here in the SKyline forum, but I can't remember.

Anyway, though. Welcome to the forum.

Travis Bickle

I dont recall the first time i saw a skyline, and I cant recall my first outdoor picnic. But however on May 20th, I bought a pristine stock R33 GTST in white.

I have been a honda-head for the pats 10 years, but i have grown sick of the honda scene. not the cars themselves but the people involved in the scene and the stigma surrounding it.

i live and work in japan, us defense contractor and former marine. ill be here awhile.

since i purchased the car a week ago i have added a blow off valve and JIC coils.

future plans.... FMIC (next weekend), tubular manifold, larger turbo with external wastegate with its own separate dump tube, cams, wideband o2 sensor and a way to street tune it myself. a larger sway bar and possibly a hicas disabler.

long term, i am thinking of finding an r30 bottom end and a rb25 head to play around with.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Welcome to the family.

We have a few members stationed/living in Okinawa, most notably, themadscientist. Watch out for that guy though, you'll never see his face.....

Rapier46
Car: r32 gtst type m

I first saw them when I was like 13, thought they were dope ****. Then got into paintball. Completely forgot anything about cars. Then, i got my learners license...I first wanted a 240sx, looked a lots of very nice ones, finnally put my mind into it and put a deposit down on one. Few days later, one of my old friends lowers the price on his Skyline by 1500. I jumped on it, and bought that sucker for very cheap. Now I'm just fixing it up and putting performance parts on it.

Biggamehit
Car: R33 Skyline
DR30 Skyline
Sil80
180sx

JDM IMPORTING wrote:A pipedream becomes an obsession, becomes reality. And reality becomes a kick in the nuts when a divorce forces you to sacrifice your dream.

Nothing compares to the real thing. Definately has to be the R32. It is an iconic vehicle, ridiculous potential, and the most fun thing I have ever driven.

I have never driven or owned anything that made me feel so "connected" to the road. Own a GTI-R, lotta' fun but not the same. Already parted with my Sil-80, loved that damn car. One of my customers is proudly enjoying it. But the most incredible sensation is just running through the gears until you run out of road. Bone stock, every bit of 300hp to the rear wheels, dynoed consistantly. Very ***-happy if you jump on it, no problem overpowering the ATTESSA. But if you're going straight, it just squats and launches. You feel the road through the wheel and the pedals like you are reading Braille. It's not harsh, or sloppy. Run it up to 6 grand in every gear, and it begs for more. Not hard driving RHD, shift pattern and pedals are the same. You just need time behind the wheel, so if something goes wrong, you don't react "left-hand". Stock seats are very narrow and are not really that comfortable on long drives. Was stiff after driving to NOPI National 06'. Yes, drove it down, did a little exhibition drifting, and sat under a bridge for 10 hours in S.C. with a broken HICAS tie-rod. Glad that thing didn't bust on the track, that would have been ugly.

Never give up on your dreams...
wow mike i know this is old as hell.. i didn't know you posted here. good to meet you man some years ago. Im on the way to japan inside of 30 days. ill be living there for about the next 8 years or so.

===

I have been on nico for a while. I have Owned a 240sx since about 03ish-04. been through hell and back with the car daily drifter and auto-x car. I have been a follower of the GT-R since about 95-96. I drove my first skyline (R32-Gts-t) back in 05 was cool. by that time the awe factor was gone because i had been around a lot of them by that point.

This is my first time posting here becuase as i stated, inside of 30 days ill be moving to japan. Ill be picking up a R32 Gts-t becuase i can only own one car while there and i have to drift. I am aware of pulling the fuse for the R32 GT-R. what i plan to do is after my tour is up in japan is sell it and pick up a GT-R on the way out.

ps

once i get settled in japan, i don't plan to make Big money selling parts back to the states.. but if it's thing you guys need that's not already in the states, ill see what i can do. I have over 8 years of mechanical experience and have worked on and built many cars in my time, so you can trust that you would be getting only quality parts.

No APO to APO!!!

lol

Modified by Biggamehit at 10:10 AM 7/5/2008
Modified by Biggamehit at 10:20 AM 7/5/2008

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

You going to be coming to Yokota AFB? If so, there is another guy who posts here on NICO sometimes. Grant, AKA Yokota180sx.

Plus, if you're gonna be around for a while, I live up in Saitma, bout an hour from the base.

Are you married?

buttsakauf
Car: None at the moment

I have always liked anything with a motor. Therefore I always played racing games. And when Gran Turismo 2 came out I discovered the R34 GTR. I tried to find it but I realized that they were not sold in the US. My heart was broken (don't laugh I was only 14 or 15 yrs old). Then I actually discovered Motorex and was elated, but I did not have anything close to that kind of money. I started saving up but to my dismay they went out of business. I was a couple years older but still heartbroken. However the passion has never died!!! Now I am 22yrs and in the US NAVY. For the past couple years I have been stuck on domestics. I had '93 'stang pushing 557hp N/A and 769hp on 200 shot manifold plate set up. I put my heart, soul, every penny I had, and a couple loans into that thing. All of this just to lose it into the trees, on a big sweeping curve, doing 45mph, on a rainy day. And my insurance's response... that sucks, here is $3000. I am back now I have paid off almost all the debt that had a stranglehold on my paycheck and I WILL GET A R34 GTR!!!!! I am pushing for orders to Japan and hope to procure one there even if only for the time I spend there. However IF I can find some way to bring it back I WILL! Even if it is only a track or show car! I now have a reasonable opportunity to own the car I have obsessed about for the better part of ten years and I am PUMPED!

Biggamehit
DR30 Skyline
Sil80
180sx

C33LaurelRacer wrote:You going to be coming to Yokota AFB? If so, there is another guy who posts here on NICO sometimes. Grant, AKA Yokota180sx.

Plus, if you're gonna be around for a while, I live up in Saitma, bout an hour from the base.

Are you married?
nope going to misawa.. yea i know of grant from other forums.

Not married YAY.. hhahah

17 days out.

alex78
Car: 1995 Skyline GTS-T

Well I have had a R33 GTS-t for a few months now haven't really had time to drive it that much as I am back in San Diego for a couple of schools. I will be back in Japan at the end of the year. I can say I really love the car though got a great deal only paid 1000 us for it. I always wanted a skyline but when I got to Japan was torn between getting a skyline and a supra. Since both cars are so cheap here the thought of have a supra that is a lot easier to get back to the states was more on my mind but then I came across this deal. I crazy thing about the car is the guy I bought the car from logged every little detail that he did to it from wash and waxing to replace the radiator. All the work was done at the Nissan dealership too. These cars are great and the thought of driving one to work everyday just has me walking around with a big smile on my face. If there is anyway I can help people out just let me know. I am sure I will be asking questions from all of you guys here. Right now just wondering if you japan guys know where the tuners are I would like to see what upgrades the cars has and what I am starting out with. I know it has a few upgrades and the guy I bought it from said he thought the guy he bought it from used to race it. So just figured I would see what it has done to it. Well thanks for reading and hope to start to get to know a few people on this list.

James

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

buttsakauf wrote: I have always liked anything with a motor. Therefore I always played racing games. And when Gran Turismo 2 came out I discovered the R34 GTR. I tried to find it but I realized that they were not sold in the US. My heart was broken (don't laugh I was only 14 or 15 yrs old). Then I actually discovered Motorex and was elated, but I did not have anything close to that kind of money. I started saving up but to my dismay they went out of business. I was a couple years older but still heartbroken. However the passion has never died!!! Now I am 22yrs and in the US NAVY. For the past couple years I have been stuck on domestics. I had '93 'stang pushing 557hp N/A and 769hp on 200 shot manifold plate set up. I put my heart, soul, every penny I had, and a couple loans into that thing. All of this just to lose it into the trees, on a big sweeping curve, doing 45mph, on a rainy day. And my insurance's response... that sucks, here is $3000. I am back now I have paid off almost all the debt that had a stranglehold on my paycheck and I WILL GET A R34 GTR!!!!! I am pushing for orders to Japan and hope to procure one there even if only for the time I spend there. However IF I can find some way to bring it back I WILL! Even if it is only a track or show car! I now have a reasonable opportunity to own the car I have obsessed about for the better part of ten years and I am PUMPED!
alex78 wrote:Well I have had a R33 GTS-t for a few months now haven't really had time to drive it that much as I am back in San Diego for a couple of schools. I will be back in Japan at the end of the year. I can say I really love the car though got a great deal only paid 1000 us for it. I always wanted a skyline but when I got to Japan was torn between getting a skyline and a supra. Since both cars are so cheap here the thought of have a supra that is a lot easier to get back to the states was more on my mind but then I came across this deal. I crazy thing about the car is the guy I bought the car from logged every little detail that he did to it from wash and waxing to replace the radiator. All the work was done at the Nissan dealership too. These cars are great and the thought of driving one to work everyday just has me walking around with a big smile on my face. If there is anyway I can help people out just let me know. I am sure I will be asking questions from all of you guys here. Right now just wondering if you japan guys know where the tuners are I would like to see what upgrades the cars has and what I am starting out with. I know it has a few upgrades and the guy I bought it from said he thought the guy he bought it from used to race it. So just figured I would see what it has done to it. Well thanks for reading and hope to start to get to know a few people on this list.

James
You guys need to come up to Daikoku.

Also, I can put you in touch with a few of the more level headed tuners on the base. I have a couple friends from back in the day when I was on the base.

I'll be heading down that way prolly the first of second weekend (read Friday) of November after I get my R and my license back.

My friends Marc, Paul and Gary are good guys to get to know. They have been on the base at Yoko for QUITE a while.

Check out http://www.velocity.isfaster.com and look for VRT RedStage and vrtlive2drift. They are a couple of guys I know personally that can show you the ropes around Kanagwa. Just stay away from Gary...he's kinda odd...lol

edo_performance
Car: 1991 R32 GTR

Hello all, I'm new to the forum. I recently purchased a 1991 Nissan Skyline R32GTR, it's a track only car. So far it has been fully stripped, caged and lightened up as much as possible. Lexan windows, gutted doors and the works. More info to come as we get more done on it. Here's a couple pictures.

GTR-Hunter
Car: 93 Nissan Skyline GTR

Hi guys new to this site I'm a Canadian boy, and here's My Nissan story the really really short version Like every boy I had love Cars, every since I could read I spent my allowance on car magazine's and it was when I was 10 or 11 years old I started to fall in love of Nissan sports cars. I had picture's cut out of magazine's of Nissan's on my wall and a poster of a 1990 300ZX TT and a die-cast of R32 GTR. Then when I was 17 and just out of school and working full time for my old man I wanted to buy a car. I found a guy on the trader selling a 91 300ZX TT, even though I saved money for 4 years to buy a car it still wasn't enough so I went down to the bank of DAD, but dad being a responsible dad said "300 hp car is too much at 17". which looking back now I agree. So back to the trader I went and a week later there was a 95 240SX pearl white on black leather. Still not enough money so back to the bank showed the old man the car the specs and all he said was "I'm going to work your a** off for that car". and man did work me hard that summer building houses, but I worked off every dime. after I got my 240 I started to research Nissan/Nismo more and with use of the Internet and import tuner mags I learned about sr20det, so two years after buying my car I got an sr20det swap in my 240. But after 9 years of owning the car it was time to get a new ride, time to own a legend, time to look for a Skyline.(also two years ago my younger brother bought a 05 STI just cant get the traction with my 240 he can't be faster then me in 1/4 mile it just not right).anyways in December I pick up a 93 GTR. SO LET SUMMER COME.

Biggamehit
DR30 Skyline
Sil80
180sx

good stuff hunter welcome

edo

you dont any events with it yet. looks like a solid car man. racing, the only way to do it. im picking up a r32 to replace my r33 when i get back from iraq.

GroundForceOne
Car: Sharpie BCNR33

hey man, I saw you are based in Misawa. I'll be there in November (snow, yay). I've got my eyes set on the purple/blue color change R34 when I get there. there's always one on GTNet for under 30,000, so hopefully it stays that way. Anyway when I get out there if you feel like showing me around (tuner shops in the area?) I know it's unlikely but just hit me up if you like.

Since this is my first post, I'll oblige

Name is Collen, I'm a full time racer-part time Navy.. haha. Currently live in Hawai'i but will be leaving soon for Misawa and looking forward to having a headache free ownership on my dream car. Most likely it will be a time attack car only, and I'll just find a beater to drive in Misawa's seemingly gruesome winters. My fiance can do both MIG and TIG welding so I'm trying to get her to make me some one-off exhausts/manifolds/anything metal for the R34 when I get there, and see where that takes us. It won me the 2008-2009 Hawai'i Autocross C'ship, so who knows?

As a side note, I'm kinda freaked but I have never once driven a turbo car, much less worked on one. I'm also concerned with messing with all the computer systems the car has on it. Not trying to make a bunch of expensive mistakes. Anyways. I'll be posting more here as time goes by so see you guys around!

ivysbuddy

Good stories. I caught the Skyline bug when i was 14, way the hell back in '94. I had a cousin who bought an R32 when he was stationed in Okinawa. He sent pics, and I have been in lust ever since.

I finally got my chance to buy one when a good friend of mine who works for a Korean car importer moved back home and sold the R32 GTS-t that he brought to the states with him.

As of last Friday, i am the proud owner of an R32 GTS-t with 78k miles and very, very mild (relatively speaking) and very tasteful mods. I was with him when he made the modifications, and they are all precisely what i would have done.

This is my first Nissan, and my first "real" car, though i've been a car guy/gearhead since i was 13. And now...I'm hooked.

You will see me post a LOT here...there is not exactly a wealth of information about part numbers and whatnot for the Skyline, so I have no idea what all is interchangeable with USDM parts, and what to order that is not.

Thanks for this forum, and i look forward to becoming part of the Nico community!

jenzart2002
Car: 1995 240 sx

My first sighting was in a mag and fell in love ever since. Would love to actually ride in one. Only really ever seen videos and pics. In dreams is the only way i will get to drive a skyline...

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

jenzart2002 wrote:My first sighting was in a mag and fell in love ever since. Would love to actually ride in one. Only really ever seen videos and pics. In dreams is the only way i will get to drive a skyline...
Well, if you ever get to Japan and still haven't had a ride in a Skyline, let me know and I'll give ya lift in mine.

AdrenalineAngel
Car: 1999 Honda Prelude Si, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i (sold), 1993 Honda Del Sol (sold)

Loved the skyline since ive laid eyes on it in magazines and at car shows...my first sighting was when i was in the Philippines and noticed an R32 up on a lift while driving by...my favorite model is the R33 400R because i love rare cars...although i do love the R34's as well, the R33's would be easier to register (especially in CA), assuming i ever got one...im slowly working my way in that direction...i want to get back into a RHD car first...lol

atricky
Car: Nissan Skyline R33 Spec 2

My first interest came about Skylines when back around 1989 i saw pic of the R32 Skyline GTR,it must have been taking part in a race as it had race decals etc on,from then i was sold.

I had many cars through many years of driving now, Imports wise i touched on them a good few times,but never kept a car for long so i would jump between many cars.

I came back into Japanese cars with an Nissan sx s13 which featured the ca18det single turbo engine,the car was my late Mums whom past away with Cancer ,she always had a desire for a sporty car with flip lights and the sx made her happy.

The trouble was not many or even any parts where out there for this car in the modding tuning scene,where i live,the car was great and i enjoyed it although i came close to swaping it once for an R32 Skyline,at last i was close to getting one after all these years of seeing pics and films which featured the car like speedway freeway and thunderbolt Jackie Chan.

But my insurance was to high it was already high for the sx at that time there was no real speacialist whom would insure such cars,so the ones that did offered really high quotes.

So it was a no,my brother got wind of my possible R32 swap although a good few months had past,and did not want my Mums SX to go out of the family,so i agreed to let him have it,so my hunt for the R32 was on again this time i would try hard to find funds for insurance,but the Skyline name had took off maybe a film or and a game but it had taken off it seemed everywhere and the prices had shot up.Now not only was the insurance out of my budget but so was the cars.

So i went for another car one that i had wanted and i really enjoyed that,i swapped that for a Maxima which again was great. But i came across an R32 for sale at a garage a few hundred miles away and it was one that had been using as a company car and wanted rid,i showed my wife,whom said you have to go for it to which i did i rung them and they offered great price for my Maxima even without seeing it,the problem now was insurance,which was easy to get now though still high,hours and hours i rung for a quote to which i got one high but now it was getting late and i had already a good few hours drive to the Skyline.

I finally set off with the garage owners phone number as he would be closed when i got there.

When we finally got there i took the R32 for a test run and had the biggest smile,the deal was done and i drove back all those miles with a great smile and every mile was a fantastic.

The R32 was great we took into into France and Spain on a road trip and covered alot of miles,wanting to cover the miles we kept going with power naps and the car ran and ran great,it was great as we got people taking pics and vids when we parked up people would crowd around it.

Myself and now my wife was really impressed and now sold to Skylines,so much so that when we swapped when got another this time being the R33 Spec 2 version,which we have had for a good few years now and thinking about selling for an R34 version,but we seem in no rush as the R33 is so great.

The Skyline has been a long addiction,but well worth while i have owned a good few cars and driven a mass of imports and been close to buying many imports over the years,but the Skyline seems to tick all the boxes and gives me a smile everytime i drive it and when iam not driving it i miss it.It is always a joy to drive even the shortest journeys. and a always gets a crowd with people eve shaking my hand for owning one,and a car which draws people to you to say what a great car it is.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Gonna resurrect an old thread to see which of our member base hasn't posted in here yet.

And, to think I started this thread back when I didn't even own a Skyline...LOL!!

Anyway, I finally have my GT-R. Been two years now and I just paid off one load I had on it yesterday!!! YEA!!!

SullivanRacing06
Car: r32 gtst, 06 350z, r32 gtr, rs4 steaga, 04 350z, f350/6bt

i found my r32 gtst from this very forum, picked her up for 3500.00, never looked back, sold the rb20det out of it and swapped in my single turbo rb26, bought a aem, 1000ccs, cusco coilovers, the list goes on and on, now its sitting in the garage bc of a busted oil pump collar, the machign shop is taking forever to replace it :(

Filfy B
Car: 1994 R33 GTS25t (stock)
1991 S13 240sx SE RB25DET swap (r.i.p)

After reading some of the posts on here, I'm gonna have to say my story isn't much different and also started with a video game.

I remember I was 14 and I was living in Halifax NS, Me and my (then) bestfriend Brian were both into cars and were discovering the import tuning scene. And at that time mostly modded Civics, Integras, Eclipses, Talons, Celicas and "V Dubs" ruled the streets of Halifax, which we thought were pretty bad a** back then. We didn't see or know much other platforms outside of those lol... My friend Brian bought a copy of Gran Turismo. We played the game for hours, soon after making it a weekend hobby, test driving all these different cars and seeing some I've never heard of before. But there were 2 particular cars in the game that always caught my eye *wait for it*... the R32 and R33 skyline... *oh yeah!* lol... To me they were the best car in the game, sleek aggresive styling, fun to tune and of course high HP. I favored the R33 for its bubbly curves and over all design, to me it stood out as, "if Nissan built a muscle car this is what it would look like" =p I told myself "someday I'm going to own an R33"... My obsession with Skylines could be a long story but, 12 years in the waiting I'm now the proud owner of a Black 1994 S1 R33 GTS25t :biggrin:

Ricky Ricer

My Skyline obsession starts about 10 years ago. I was in 8th grade and obsessed with anything Japanese. I was into Anime at the time and dying to go to Japan. Luckily for me, my mother is a flight attendant, and I was soon on a flight to Japan. As much as I hate to admit this, The Fast and The Furious was playing on the flight there. That movie influenced my 8th grade mind in a way I would never imagine. I became hooked on anything that went fast after that. The layover was only about 36 hours, but at that age I didn't care. I just wanted to experience Japan. We arrived and, as luck would have it, lightning struck our return plane in the middle of the night. We received a note under our hotel door saying that we wouldn't be leaving the next day!

The next evening we went to the Aeon Mall in Narita. On our bus ride back from the mall, I saw the car I would always dream about. A bayside blue R34 GTR. I just remember the big round tail lights, and the gorgeous color as it buzzed by. After that I was hooked. I looked into them, even found them in Gran Turismo as many others. Eventually reality set in and I thought I would never own one.

Fast forward about 5 years, I had just graduated HS, had a pretty good looking 2.5RS with many modifications. A friend of mine started talking of importing an older gen Evo. Once again I was on the hunt as I had some collateral in my search, no longer a foolish teen with dreams (or so I thought ha!). Again, the reality of the fact that I either had to break the law, or spend money I didn't have, set in.

Almost two years ago now, I got the grand idea I'd swap an RB26 into a Datsun 240Z. After about 6 months I found a buyer for my RS, and then the perfect 240Z with 60k original miles. I started collecting parts for the daunting swap. This was a painful task as I had to search many skyline sites for parts I needed. I got a text from my girlfriend about a car she saw at a local Car Toys. "THERES AN ORANGE GTR AT CAR TOYS." "That's it," I thought, "I'm buying one."

I spent the next two months posting the Z for sale, RB26 for sale, and searching for a Skyline. I found a Midnight Purple R33, which I loved. The plan was to fly to Japan (now a nearly annual trip), then fly back to NJ to inspect it. The night before our flight someone no freshalloy posted a Super Clear Red I R33. It was a MotoRex Skyline, GTR, and the color my family calls "Ricky Ricer's Color!" "That's the one" I thought to myself. Two weeks later I was on my way to Washington DC for the car I never thought I'd own in this lifetime.

In the last year and a half I've done quite a bit. When I had my Z I completely disassembled the engine I bought for it to be swapped in. It's still in the reassembly phase, but it gives you such a better understanding of the RB engine. I've installed nearly everything on my R33 besides the Nismo clutch. I've just finished putting in my HKS 2530 turbos, and up next is the fuel system. Aside from a couple small set backs, I've enjoyed working on her. It's a great feeling to sit back and think "I did that."

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

You have a MotorEx R33 GT-R? WOW! How much did you score that for, if you don't mind me asking?

Ricky Ricer

I'd rather not say, but if you search FA you can find the FS thread ;) Not something I usually share with people.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”