so I blew my 95 maxima engine.... what now?

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
zspturb0

I blew the engine. its completely dead. driving home one day, when the oil light comes on "eh, im leakin oil, crap.... I'll be home in 5 minutes, I can check it then. I hope its a leak, and not my engine consuming mass quantities without producing smoke....." 4 minutes later, the car stops. I go look under the hood, nothing. I look under the frame, and I see a small puddle of oil, driectly under my oil filter. "oh crap what the hell....."

then I notice that my oil drain plug is gone.

sooooooo, anyways now I gotta get a new engine, might as well get a new transmission while I'm at it. so where can I find a new block and tranny, besides direct from nissan.... I also want to be able to say when I'm selling the car that it is a "NEW ENGINE" not just some junkyard one with 80,000 miles on it.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Easy:

Call Jayson at:1-800-876-7496 for both.Be sure to ask specificall for Jayson and tell him you are from here.He is A NICO member and happens to be a parts manager of the largest Nissan delaer ship in the country.New isnt cheap but, he'll hook you up with a very substantial discount for the NEW OEM parts.

Fred..:)

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

or go with a rebuilt long block and put the drainplug in when you decide to put oil in it next time.

zspturb0

sorry, im going junkyard :)cost me less money and I can sell it for just as much.

and the drain plug was in, but at some point between the oil change and 2000 miles, it got loose, and then vibration must have shook it free.

Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

That is why the oil light is red, for STOP!

I bet you won't try to make it home next time.

I wish my brother-in-law would learn that. He drove his Toyota SE-5 pickup 85 miles after it started spewing steam out from under the hood. His comment "That was a good truck, it got me home, before it blew up". He dosen't understand a radiator cap is a lot cheaper than a new motor....:bash

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”