SLIP and VTS Off dash lights after Clock Spring replacement

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Wes45
Car: 2005 Infiniti G35

I had the clock spring replaced on my 05 G35 Sedan and it fixed my problems with the horn not working and Airbag light on. However, when I left the shop, the SLIP and VTC Off lights came on. Now, whenever I start the car and drive it, it seems like the ABS brakes are locking up while the SLIP light is flashing and then 10 seconds later, it stops braking and then both the SLIP and VTC Off lights illuminate on the dash. The car seems to be running fine after this brief problem.

My mechanic said he needs his scanner to solve the problem, but it broke and he reordered one and it will be here in a week or so.

Does that seem to be the way to fix this problem? It does seem related to the replacement of the clock spring because it happened immediately after leaving his shop. Is there any way to fix it before his scanner shows up? I'm afraid to take it to the dealer, which is what it says to do when I looked up that failure in my owners manual.

Any help is appreciated,
Lee in Dallas

Wes45
Car: 2005 Infiniti G35

Was told the steering angle sensor needs to be calibrated, make sense?

kazaamjim

I just replace my clock spring and I'm having the same issues. Did you happen to figure out what the problem was?

kazaamjim

I just replace my clock spring and I'm having the same issues. Did you happen to figure out what the problem was?

fmartinez005
Car: 2008 Nissan Altman 2.5l
2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan

I been having the same problem on my 2007 G35 Sedan. It's becoming a common problem. I notice it when the road is bumpy. I don't know if it's correct but I read online that it could be due to low brake fluid or worn out break pads. If the pads are good turning the rotors gets rid of vibration. Also that it could be from a faulty wheel/ABS sensor. I'm going to look into my breaks first and hope that's it. I will update soon as I have a possible solution.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”