Skyrim, or, The ElderScrolls:Jizz in yo pants.

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

60 hours in and the only issues I've had was a backwards flying endless looping dragon, bears in trees/boulders, and UI bugs. Not one crash.

bgirl_sway
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX

So... I JUST got my new PC and Skyrim today. Played for about 2 hours. It's a little confusing, having to get used to the hotkeys. I'm not used to gaming on a computer, so having to move my character with the keys WASD and the mouse to look around is confusing. Overall, I really like the game!

PathDetector
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE

ScorchedNX2K wrote:60 hours in and the only issues I've had was a backwards flying endless looping dragon, bears in trees/boulders, and UI bugs. Not one crash.
Bears in trees? If you run into this again please screen shot. I'd love to see that. :lolling:

s0m3th1ngAZ
2014 Focus ST

The endless looping dragon was the most annoying. Was too high up to shoot down and for some reason no matter how far I ran away it still counted me as in combat. Had to revert to a save 2 hours back to regain my ability to fast travel :/

SBC 240Z

Sounds like Fallout 3 all over again.

RCA

Cinnamon Challenge - Fus Ro Dah
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzSgih0tBfo[/youtube]

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

ScorchedNX2K wrote:60 hours in and the only issues I've had was a backwards flying endless looping dragon, bears in trees/boulders, and UI bugs. Not one crash.
Yeah, I had the non-landing, ultra-fast, backward-flying dragon glitch for a bit. Couldn't get out of combat with it, finally I went inside a random dungeon and when I came back out the dragon was gone. I ignored dragons when at all possible until the next patch, which fixed the problem.

RCA

Annoying narration, otherwise funny.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_EjgOeOqlM[/youtube]

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

Cinnamon challenges are always fun.

I might trade with a friend Dead Island for this game temporarily

hitbychance
Car: 2008 350z
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L hemi

hands down one of the best games i've played in a long time.

PathDetector
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE

Anyone else play this game of and on? Oblivion I did the same thing. I would play a character build up until I just plain lost interest and I would leave it alone. Then a couple weeks maybe a month later I would find myself playing another character. haha Just curious how many of you all do the same?

Love the game by the way!

hitbychance
Car: 2008 350z
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L hemi

i was playing non stop for the longest time, then i've gotten in to other games so i'm playing off an on but if i had more time off work i'd be playing a lot more.

SBC 240Z

SBC 240Z

SBC 240Z

Started playing this last night finally! Spent a couple of hours exploring, harassing deer and whatnot, tried to take on two giants as a level 5 and learned how big a mistake that was.

RCA

Yeah Giants and Mammoths are a no go until level 20 or so. Even at 20 you need potions and strategy. By level 35 or so you can mess with them.

PS Don't kill the chickens...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J5A8TEcWNw[/youtube]

SBC 240Z

^^LMAO, I like how he bailed at the end.

Yeah the very first time I played the game I walked into Riverwood and saw a chicken so I killed it, half the town chased me down and killed me so I set the game down. I was preoccupied with CoD until the other day when it started pissing me off so I picked it up again and it's been all consuming since then. I've been playing it a bunch and I'm still only a level 16. I'm surprised at how easy the dragons are to take down. I've killed 10 or 11 so far, I keep stumbling across their little hideouts during my explorations.

I haven't messed with the mammoths yet but I've been thoroughly pissed off by the frost troll (aka white yelling gorilla ***hole) so I ended up running past it. The Draugr Scourge I could not kill with the difficulty on Adept so I had to dumb it down some.

So far it's been a blast just exploring and whatnot, the long load times are a bit of an annoyance when you're running from town to town, house to house, room to room for a tedious quest. I think I probably have 20 something hours in the game and 20 something hours watching the loading screen.

RCA

I feel so bad laughing at this; fortunatley none of the kids were harmed when their bus rolled over.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeiVqT6GyVY[/youtube]
SBC 240Z wrote:I'm surprised at how easy the dragons are to take down. I've killed 10 or 11 so far, I keep stumbling across their little hideouts during my explorations...

I could not kill with the difficulty on Adept so I had to dumb it down some...

So far it's been a blast just exploring and whatnot, the long load times are a bit of an annoyance when you're running from town to town, house to house, room to room for a tedious quest. I think I probably have 20 something hours in the game and 20 something hours watching the loading screen...
HA, just wait. The difficulty of dragons will change as you get stronger. Wait until you see your first "Ancient Dragon" or "Elder Dragon". I encountered my first Ancient at the College of Winterhold. I have never used so many potions. It was kicking my a*s!

Make sure to turn the difficulty level back up. As the game goes on it does get easier. One of the techniques I use is "invisibility" spell while sneaking around caves/mines/anything indoors and when I see a baddy I whip out my Bow and get a x3 sneak attack. You feel like a real bad a**. Box does 100 damage, the arrow does 14 damage and with a x3 sneak attack it goes to ~340 damage. The best is when you clear out enemies on the other side of the map with a head shot.

Exploring is a lot of fun. As for the boring; try not to do too many Misc. quests. Do the Mains Quests, College of Winter Hold, Daetric Quest, Dark Brotherhood Quests, The Companions Quests, Thieves Guild Quests, The Blades Quests, The Bards College Quests, and The Civil War Quests. Total of about 130 quests. Should put you near the 300 hours.

s0m3th1ngAZ
2014 Focus ST

Anyone else think that BownArrow is really overpowered? I was able to down a giant at level 3 (adept difficulty...took like 10 minutes and a hundred arrows). Now, with the tree maxed and an electrified/perfect ebony bow, most normal mobs die in one shot, bosses in a couple. The only time I've had trouble was during that ancestor quest for the companions because I couldn't recover my damn arrers.

RCA

ScorchedNX2K wrote:I was able to down a giant at level 3 (adept difficulty...took like 10 minutes and a hundred arrows).

Now, with the tree maxed and an electrified/perfect ebony bow, most normal mobs die in one shot, bosses in a couple. The only time I've had trouble was during that ancestor quest for the companions because I couldn't recover my damn arrers.
100 arrows? :facepalm:
Yeah I don't think that's OP but yeah range weapons tend to have that effect especially with 100 arrows.
I haven't done the Companion quest line so I don't know what "arrers" are. I don't think you are using the bow the right way if you are using it in combat. The bow is suppose to be a stealth weapon so you shouldn't be using heavy armor and with out heavy armor you shouldn't be able to take to much damage. You could always bump up the difficulty or not upgrade the bow etc. The developers need to come to a balance, they know most players won't do everything possible to upgrade their weapons to get max damage so they usually put in somethings that end up becoming too powerful. The hardcore guys are going to upgrade their stuff to "Legendary" while using dual enchantments to make an uber bow but then it becomes too easy. Try only using a "Hunting Bow" (basic wooden bows). When fully upgraded you can get like 80-100 points in damage where as the Daedric Bow can see 150-225.

But I would just increase the difficulty.

SBC 240Z

You know, I got this game when it came out which was right around the time MW3 came out so it pretty much sat on the back burner while I played CoD but after dealing with enough of the BS related to CoD I hung it up on a shelf and started playing this, my god I should've had CoD on the back burner this whole time. Plain and simple this game is addicting!

Once I got my level into the 20s it wasn't so bad anymore, I take on multiple dragons, giants, mammoths, trolls, whatever it's all good. Now I'm a level 38. I spent once day working solely on making daggers and got my smithing up to 100 within two and a half hours. I just went to white run and bought a ton of iron ingots and leather strips from the women outside warmaiden and the guy inside, then I'd go up the hill to the skyforge and buy more from the old man and pump out 70 daggers, sell them, wait a couple days for the stock to refresh from the vendors and go at it again. The only thing that set me back is I was actually losing a little money each time and I eventually went broke so I had to go make some money.

I wish my life was this great in real life lmao, I got $60,000 and in my house I had a different cabinet or chest dedicated to each category of items, one is full of BA armor, another is nothing but legendary weapons, another is gems, and another is potions. I'm going to work on improving my enchanting next so that I can make a bunch of items to boost my smithing even more so that I can make even better weapons and armor.

racks on racks on racks.

Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

I'm really a consumer in the game. I have put zero effort into Smithing, Enchanting, or Alchemy. Need to do that, but they are expensive hobbies that I don't have much patience for. I can find perfectly good weapons, armor, and potions by looting and lockpicking.

I <3 the game. I <3 it SO MUCH.

RCA

Yeah finding armor is easy and so it isn't necessary to become Blacksmith but finding ore, ore veins and some leather is easy. Just dump them off in a home or what ever and when you're ready just spam the steel daggers or leather brachers and you can earn like 10 levels to your character. Imaging having 100 extra points for your health or magika... Could become very useful.

If you want to level up a certain branch that you use often make sure to meet some trainers.
http://i.imgur.com/ujufZ.jpg

SBC 240Z

After 100+ hours it got old fast, especially when lagging and freezing became an annoyance. Also there has been more than one occasion where I walked into a tent or room or something of the like and was unable to leave. I mean I was physically stuck in there, no matter what, couldn't even fast travel.

RCA

Wait, what? The skipping could be because your PC isn't up to par; If you're on console then IDK. I know cities like Markarth can be more demanding on hardware than other cities. Also if you are using version 1.3 or lower than you should try 1.4 or higher. They made an update that made frame rates better.

If you get physically stuck on anything just follow these steps:
Step 1: Press "~" key
Step 2: Type "TCL" and then enter
Step 3: Get unstuck
Step 4: Type "TCL" and then enter again.

If you are on console, this won't work.

240hatchsx
Car: 93 s13 hatch

RCA wrote: Exploring is a lot of fun. As for the boring; try not to do too many Misc. quests. Do the Mains Quests, College of Winter Hold, Daetric Quest, Dark Brotherhood Quests, The Companions Quests, Thieves Guild Quests, The Blades Quests, The Bards College Quests, and The Civil War Quests. Total of about 130 quests. Should put you near the 300 hours.
Really 300 hours I have done tons of extra side quests all the main side quests and now on finishing the Main quest in the game and I'm level 61 and I've only have 135 hours in and I'm playing on adept lvl. So how the hell did you do math for 300 hours???

SBC 240Z

Yeah I'm on PS3. They said something about the coding for PS3 makes it lag and freeze. I dunno and I don't care because like I said after 100+ hours I'm done with the game, I can only run so many errands for so long.

RCA

240hatchsx wrote:So how the hell did you do math for 300 hours???
I didn't the creators said so. After playing much of the game I have to agree with you; there isn't 300 hours unless your do a TON of Misc. quests and earn all the possible achievements.
Like for instance, in order for you to finish all the Larceny Targets for the Thieves Guild you need to do 125 small quests. I got to about 25 quests and stopped. So maybe Skyrim does have 300 hours of game play but 50% of the unnecessary quests are tedious and boring. I found it much better to play multiple quest lines in order to break the monotony. Do 3 Misc Thieves Guild quests then do some quests for the Dark Brotherhood and so on.
SBC 240Z wrote:Yeah I'm on PS3. They said something about the coding for PS3 makes it lag and freeze. I dunno and I don't care because like I said after 100+ hours I'm done with the game, I can only run so many errands for so long.
Yeah buying a free range open world on a closed platform is a bad idea. When things go wrong you're screwed. Apparently you can load your save games to PC if you're on Xbox, doesn't help you but might help others.

SBC 240Z

I never really could get into games on PC beyond spider solitaire and plants vs zombies . . .

RCA

Well the cool thing is you can plug a Xbox 360 controller into your PC and boom! It's just like playing on console but with the advantages of PC.

Return to “Gaming”