skyline R32 blowoff valves

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
norman0
Car: 1993 Q45
1990 R32 skyline GTR (nismo edition)

i have an r32 gtr and i have noticed that the stock blow offs feed back into the intakes. i was just wondering if i should upgrade the blowoffs and keep them ran back into the intakes or should i allow them to vent into the atmosphere ?

Ozzie
Car: '90 300ZX twin turbo - 2 seater
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S twin turbo
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

The ECU is programmed to allow for the air dumped back into the inlet manifold.
If you change to atmospheric venting, you will cause the AFR to become rich between shifts (the fuel will still be added to the mixture for the expected air to be dumped in)
This will cause backfiring, and ruin your plugs quicker etc.
Just stick with recirculating BOVs.

norman0

but i have an aftermarket tomei computer with the lil fancy dial on the side for something anyways ive had people tell me its for advancing and retarding timing which i cant see but maybe i guess i would think its more for the fuel maps i cant read it because its in japanesse lol and the car is running rich already

norman0

but i have an aftermarket tomei computer with the lil fancy dial on the side for something anyways ive had people tell me its for advancing and retarding timing which i cant see but maybe i guess i would think its more for the fuel maps i cant read it because its in japanesse lol and the car is running rich already

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I do believe that's to switch maps. I would not recommend messing with it. When's the last time you did a tuneup on it? That's a 22 year old car you have there. It could use some attention.

norman0

That's what I'm am doin right now I'm droppin in 800cc injectors and upgrading the rest of the fuel system the turbos have been hybrided and apexi intakes installed the car is gonna be godly I just gotta find some competition in Sherwood park lol none of the other skylines can keep up

norman0

And this motor is only got 36000 km since complete rebuild two years ago it runs great I just need better injectors for better atomization of the fuel I think anyways it would probly help alot

norman0

Has anyone ever had a problem with a veilside speedo being out by twenty km even with the car at a dead stop it still shows twenty km I have a digital speedo in the car but it would be nice to be able to have it on the lambda instead

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

If you're running the stock MAF sensors, and your ECU isn't tuned to run BOV's that vent to the atmposphere, then leave the stock units in place or upgrade to by-pass valves that vent back into the turbo inlets. If you have someone that can tune your computer to adjust fuel mapping between shifts to prevent the extra fuel from being injected, then by all means you can use BOV's. Or if you go to a complete stand alone.

But, it's really not necessary. Stock recirc valves do a pretty good job of holding quite a bit of boost. Atmospheric venting BOV's are just a nice toy for sound as far as I am concerned.

tyndago

norman0 wrote:but i have an aftermarket tomei computer with the lil fancy dial on the side for something anyways ive had people tell me its for advancing and retarding timing which i cant see but maybe i guess i would think its more for the fuel maps i cant read it because its in japanesse lol and the car is running rich already
That is for putting the ECU into diagnostic mode.

themadscientist

Gold Digger wrote:But, it's really not necessary. Stock recirc valves do a pretty good job of holding quite a bit of boost. Atmospheric venting BOV's are just a nice toy for sound as far as I am concerned.
Next you will say running the wastegate pipe out through a hole in the hood is unnecessary! :gapteeth:

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

themadscientist wrote:
Gold Digger wrote:But, it's really not necessary. Stock recirc valves do a pretty good job of holding quite a bit of boost. Atmospheric venting BOV's are just a nice toy for sound as far as I am concerned.
Next you will say running the wastegate pipe out through a hole in the hood is unnecessary! :gapteeth:
No, it's actually for scarring women and small children standing at the bus stop. LOL.

I wish I could have seen that in action when you had your R32-T. That would have been golden to see a flame come shooting out of the hood on a down-shift or decel. LOL.

themadscientist

I could shut up any bosozuku biker with a quick rip. If I ever do something like that again I will vent it through the top of the passenger side fender and race them on the right. People whole piss me off would get a soot stripe down their car!

I wish I could have seen the face of the guy you had flip it back around when you explained why it was aiming up.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

The guy that did it is pretty cool. He was a big N/A rotary guy several years ago and I have seen pictures of some of his toys.

He had what was the RX3 in the U.S. with a nasty FC engine swapped it. He said it only had about 180ps at the wheels, but in a car that light...

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”