Skyline Question.

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
MsGroin

Hi all!
Newbie here and I have a question about purchasing a skyline.
I think I understand the import problems these cars had, but what If it's titled already? (says clear title)
We're thinking about buying a 94 on fleabay and it says it's already titled in Florida... does this mean that I will be able to title it as well if I buy it?
My boyfriend thinks it's alright to do this but i'm unsure and before we plop down almost 20 grand I want to do as much research as I can.
Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

kabob
Car: 1990 Skyline GTR R32

If it's not 25 years old, it's illegal. Period, end of story. And don't think the heat's blown over on "state-titled" Skylines with no legal import paperwork.

gov-still-actively-seeking-out-and-dest ... 95666.html

MsGroin

kabob wrote:If it's not 25 years old, it's illegal. Period, end of story. And don't think the heat's blown over on "state-titled" Skylines with no legal import paperwork.

Okay.. So what you are saying is that if we buy this thing expect it to be confiscated and destroyed? Wow..

kabob
Car: 1990 Skyline GTR R32

If they catch you, definitely. And most of the time the Feds catch you when you go to title an illegal Skyline in a state that checks import paperwork (such as here in Texas) and calls to verify it's status.

M35Squirrel
Car: 1990 GT-R, 2011 M37

MsGroin wrote:
kabob wrote:If it's not 25 years old, it's illegal. Period, end of story. And don't think the heat's blown over on "state-titled" Skylines with no legal import paperwork.

Okay.. So what you are saying is that if we buy this thing expect it to be confiscated and destroyed? Wow..
From what I understand, if is was imported illegally, it would always be illegal, even if you wait until 2019 to buy it.
There are already some legal ones on the market, and comes next year there will be plenty more.

Raybrant
Car: 2005 CS 350Z

If it never cleared customs then it's still illegal product for all the feds care.

M35Squirrel
Car: 1990 GT-R, 2011 M37

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”