sideview mirror replacement

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
campersand

Somehow my driver's side mirror disappeared tonight while I was at my friend's house. The "casing" was rotated forward and when I flipped it back into place, I saw that the mirror was gone, now it's just a bunch of plastic staring at me. Does anyone know where to get replacement mirrors or if this is covered under warranty?

matt_a

It's not going to be covered under warranty because it wasn't defective. It was either vandalized or a hit-n-run. Your insurance should pay to have it replaced at the dealership. Good luck.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Chances are your insurance deductible is going to be more than a replacement mirror.

You have two choices... go to the dealership and buy a new mirror piece, or go to a reputable auto glass shop and buy the same. Most mirror shops carry OEM-equivalent (but aftermarket) mirrors for a lot of cars. However, given how new the V still is, they may not have one. When my window was busted it out, it took them 3 days to get a Nissan OEM window. It would have taken a week to get the aftermarket equivalent.

matt_a

Ever Victorious wrote:Chances are your insurance deductible is going to be more than a replacement mirror....
That could be true. Check your policy. If you have whats called "Comprehensive Coverage", many things like this are no deductable replacements. We've had to replace a windshield on a different vehicle because of a rock that was kicked up on the highway and we also had to have a door repainted because of some sheetmetal that blew into the side of the car. We didn't pay a dime in either instance.

[email protected]

I also have a problem with my sideview mirror on my g35. The mirror cover on the driver's side blew off and the mirror hit my window. The frame of the mirror was not damaged, nor was it turned in. I did not hit anything causing this damage. Have you heard of this happening to anyone else?

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

The driver's mirror cover on my new Versa was not correctly assembled at the factory, so it was not completely secure. I caught it before I went very far and got it corrected, but in theory, it could have done something similar to yours.

The mirror housings are held together by snap tabs. If they are released, it would start to pop apart.

versaspeed.com
Car: Viper GTS & SRT10, Prowler, 300ZX TT, Versa SL 6mt, 240SX Race Car w/track records, Titan LE KC

If you still need a side mirror let me see what I can scrounge up for you.......I think I've got an extra one in the warehouse.

circ
Car: Versa 2007 SL (CVT)

How much would you charge for that mirror shipped in Quebec (Canada)? Dealer is trying to rip me off. I just need the housing (cover?) replaced (it has a hole and a scratch on it) but the dealer can only order the whole thing so the cost would rack up to around 500$+ before labor.

Thanks for the help

Return to “Versa General Chat”