Side Mirrors go CRAZY when in Reverse?????

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
ferrarifrancis
Car: 2007 PEARL WHITE M35X AKA PROJECT X

I know when you put the car (m35) in reverse the mirrors are suppose to adjust for better viewing but my mirrors go crazy they adjust too far and start clicking and I wind up having to put the mirror selector in the middle to stop them and reset my mirrors all over again. Anybody else having this issue? :wtf2:

SiMpLyMoDiFiEd
Car: 2006 M45s, GSXR 1000

both mine were doing that and Infiniti replaced them under warranty

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Just had my driver side doing that and it got replaced under warranty.

06M4.5
Car: 2006 M45

This means that your setting your mirror too low while driving.

re-adjust mirror higher and put it in memory, this should fix your problem.

test by putting car in reverse, if it still hits re-adjust mirror higher and set memory again.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I tried that. As did the dealer. They completely swapped mirrors.

The00Dustin

I had this twice. First time the dealer replaced the mirror or actuator, second time it was an adjustment issue. The issue is not that the mirror is too low while driving (you can have your mirror wherever you please), the issue is that the default adjustment for reverse (or for how much is goes down, not sure what is stored) makes it too low in reverse. To adjust it but maintain your preferred driving setting, do the following:
Instead of switching it off, let it keep clicking. When it stops, while still in reverse, adjust it up slightly and then back down (with no click), then save the position. It should recover to the right driving position since you didn't stop it during adjustment, and it shouldn't click anymore in reverse since it has a new reverse position saved. If it still clicks in reverse, it likely does have a bad actuator.

SoThrowedMex
Car: 2003 Infiniti M45 WV2 Silverstone Metallic Clearcoat on 235/30/ZR22

not to thread high jack but i had/have that same problem in my 08 Nissan Maxima.

ferrarifrancis

Cool thanks for the help guys gonna try what 00Dustin said I'll let you know if it works!

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

mine were doing that too, so i pushed the switch to the passenger side and only that mirror adjusts when i reverse, and that seems to work consistently compared to if you keep the side mirror control switch in the center (both mirrors)..my guess is that if both mirrors aren't working consistently, that this is an early sign that the motor is failing

The00Dustin

pedsemdoc wrote:mine were doing that too, so i pushed the switch to the passenger side and only that mirror adjusts when i reverse, and that seems to work consistently compared to if you keep the side mirror control switch in the center (both mirrors)..my guess is that if both mirrors aren't working consistently, that this is an early sign that the motor is failing
If both mirrors go down when you have it in the center, then either your car has an aftermarket module installed to make that happen, or you have an electronics problem, because it does not do that by design (based on your 2006 M45 listed in your profile and some previous threads about this).

Ilya

^^^ correct, it's either or.

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

[/quote]If both mirrors go down when you have it in the center, then either your car has an aftermarket module installed to make that happen, or you have an electronics problem, because it does not do that by design (based on your 2006 M45 listed in your profile and some previous threads about this).[/quote]

ahh right....must have had the switch it on the driver's side and did not pay attention to the passenger side (which shouldn't move) thinking the switch was in the middle when my driver's side mirror was acting funny (trying to make sure i don't back into the kid's bikes and scratch up my rear bumper)--but you're right-center should be no movement.

ferrarifrancis

Well I tried what 00Dustin suggested and they mirrors still go out of wack. Though it was a easy fix its no big deal I don't need them to go down when I back up anyway.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”