side marker sinal lights located on the side view mirrors.

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
GT-R
Car: BLACK 2008 NISSAN ALTIMA 3.5 V-6SE 6M

how do you replace the bulbs that are located in the side view mirrors? according to nissan, they are liftime led bulbs and that they do not need replacing.
Modified by GT-R at 1:23 PM 2/17/2008

prlwhitecoupe
Car: 2008 Pearl White Altima Coupe 2.5 S w/CVT & Premium Pkg.

It's just like your rear window stop light....

GT-R

OK, BUT I NEVER TRIED GETTING TO THAT EITHER. CAN YOU EXPLAIN MORE ON HOW I CAN REMOVE THEM WITHOUT BRAKING THEM PLASTIC COVERS? I REALLY DO APPRECIATE THE QUICK RESPONSE FROM YOU.

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

GT-R wrote:how do you replace the bulbs that are located in the side view mirrors? according to nissan, they are liftime led bulbs and that they do not need replacing.
Nissan is correct. The signals on the side mirrors are LEDs as well as the third brake light. Why are you asking? Is one of the LEDs not working? I'm not sure how you can take apart the mirror assembly but I know it is possible because I just had the mirror assembly replaced because my left side signal had condensation and it didn't take them long to do it. I'm sure if you take that triangular cover piece off there are 2 or 3 nuts that hold the mirror on. You'll just have to check it out unless someone here has already taken one apart.

GT-R

I JUST WANTED TO CHANGE OUT THE STOCK (AMBER) TO A BLUEISH WHITE LED TO MATCH THE ONES ON THE HEADLIGHT ASSEMLY (SIGNAL LIGHT BULB).

SHIFT_COUPE
Car: 2014 Infiniti Q50 AWD

A. Welcome to the Nico home B. No need for the caps lock Its taken as a sign of you yelling at us

If your interested in changed the LED's on the mirror you would have to disassemble the mirror and solder new LED's onto the board located in the mirror. Not so easy IMO. Could be a nice project if you like those types. Have fun!

GT-R

, sorry bout the caps. didn't mean to offend anyone, i'm new here. thanx for the quick response, btw, i like your ride. i do have a black one and in the process of fixing it up myself.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”