Service Engine Light Problems

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Rye
Car: 2004 Nissan Murano

Hi I recently bought a 2004 SL AWD Nissan Murano, and after the car passed 26,000 kms....the service engine soon light came on and after a couple of days it came off...now i always have the oil change regularly and maintain the vehicle properly but its shocking to see the engine come on....now after the first incident it happen again and it went off in a few days...now am driving on the highway goin about 80km/h in traffic and i feel the car has no power...i step on the gas, x to board and nothing is happening the car feels like a 1.6l 4 cylinder engine...now jus yesterday the light came on and today its off can someone please tell me if this is happening to them also. thx u

NISTECH

possibly a problem with the Electronic throttle motor, have seen a few issues with them.Best thing to do at this point is have the system checked for stored codes. If the light went off very recently their should still be a code stored. This will get you in the neighborhood of the problem.

MysteryIncMan
Car: 1995 240sx SE

Our murano just had the check engine light come on as well. Is there anyway to check it myself or do I need to take it somewhere?

GianLucaFastCar
Car: 05 Nissan Murano

My wife has a 2005 Murano SL w/ Touring Package and at about 12000 miles while I was driving I noticed a significant loss of power. It felt like the car was going a 2 Cyl wiht barely enough power to move the car at 5 or 10 mph. I stopped & turned off the engine. The Service Engine Light was ON. After 48 hours the light went off and didn't see any problem until a few days later when my wife called me with the same loss of power and Service Engine light ON. Took it to Nissan Tempe and it ended up being a Throttle Body Motor failure (failure code P1121). Thak goodnees it was under warranty. Hope this post will help.

seniormot

HiI have a 2007 Murano and the engine light iis ON constantly. Dealer cannot find the problem and thinks it is faulty installation of an ignition disabling anti-theft device.Anybody with similar issues on 2007 Murano?

seniormot

Return to “Murano Forum”