Selling my 2007 Versa, HOW MUCH SHOULD I ASK?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Driving Instructor
Car: 2007 nissan versa SL CVT Red

Well, I think it's time to sell the Versa. With the price of gas, I am going to try my luck with a Honda Civic Hybrid.

So, my question is....... how much for a my 2007 Nissan Versa.

SL, cvttinted windows, window vents86000 kms (well maitained)extended waranty (bumper to bumper) up to 100 000kmscar starternew tires

you can see it at: http://www.thedrivingschool.ca/

Let me know what you think.

Thank you!

pfc369
Car: 2007 Versa sl/ cvt

it is not a good idea if it is just because of gas mileage.

bulld0g
Car: 2007 Versa SL " Bulld0g Edition "

Does Canada have an equivilant to Kelly Blue Book in the U.S?

Driving Instructor

pfc369 wrote:it is not a good idea if it is just because of gas mileage.
That is not the "only" reason, I am just trying to make it an easier transition... lol

find my other posts, you will see.

I paid 21 000 out the door in Canadian funds.

frankoV
Car: 2008 SL Sedan, Magnetic Grey, CVT

Good luck in selling . . . just don't point the potential buyer in this direction

IMHungry
Car: 2008 Versa SL H/B cvt, sport, tech (mine)/2007 Versa S H/B, VOP, 4 spd auto (hers)

Check the local Auto Trader ads and see what they're selling for in your area and set your price accordingly. Remember you are competing with brand new ones that have a 0.9% interest rate that will keep the payment low. Whoever buys your car will most likely be financing it for anywhere from 6-9% which will make a HUGE difference compared to the new car at 0.9%. As well, Nissan is also offering $300 rebate on new hatchbacks and $600 on sedans as well as the low rates and deferred payment. It makes it pretty hard to sell a used one right now unless it's priced VERY competitively. How bad do you really want the Civic Hybrid? According to the Honda dealers they're a very tough sell new and they don't want them back in on trade. You really should think very carefully before you move on this. If you want, I'll sell you the 160,000km warranty upgrade for dead nuts cost.

IMHungry
Car: 2008 Versa SL H/B cvt, sport, tech (mine)/2007 Versa S H/B, VOP, 4 spd auto (hers)

Oh, I forgot to add....The fact that your car is a driving school vehicle does not help the resale value at all. Sorry, don't mean to be the bearer of bad news.

Driving Instructor

All the feedback is greatly appreciated..........

I think I will advertise it for 13500 ish..........

It should sell....... if not, I will keep it.

Another reason I want to sell it cause of the waranty. It's over at 100 000 kms. I was debating buying the extended waranty to cover me up to 160 000 kms. It will cost me $1600 + 13% taxes. I owe around 15000 so I was thinking selling it taking into consideration the extra cost of the waranty.

Also, the down time is killing me. I have it in for 3/4 of a day on Wed the 21. They are changing the seat, some of the mouldings need to be changed, I want to hear the car at cold start up (loud valves), look for the noise from the front end................ and some other things I forgot about.

I can honestly say the customer service here is GREAT...... AWESOME!! They bend over backward for me! But I hang out there too many times a month.

Oh well, who knows, maybe no one will buy it and I will keep it until the 160 kms. I do enjoy the car, it looks great, gas mileage is pretty good... comfortable, lots of room for the tall student (6-4 at the age of 16...what's are they eating for breakfast!)

we will see!

IMHungry

Not trying to defend your Versa here but keep in mind that you have put 4 years of average mileage on your car in 1 year. You have to expect some down time with that kind of use. I think you'll find the same situation no matter what you buy. I don't think a Hybrid Civic is the answer.

Having said that, I work for a Nissan dealer and would be willing to sell you the 160,000km Nissan ASP upgrade for $875.00 if you decide to keep the V.

Good luck, no matter what you do.

Driving Instructor

really......... $875......... bumper to bumper waranty.... I will seriously consider it!

Give me a few days to think about it.

DejaWiz
Car: See sig for details.

^ man that's a good deal. Might certainly be worth the cost.

Return to “Versa General Chat”