Searching for Owner of 2006 Infinity G35X Sedan

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
mkehoe1
Car: 2006 G 35X Sedan

I am an attorney in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I am looking to speak with the owner of a 2006 Infinity G35X sedan who lives in the Philadelphia -southern new jersey area. My client owned this model car which was totalled in an accident. An issue has arisen regarding at what light level the automatic headlights are activated.
My client and I would greatly appreciate it if an owner could contact me at 215.557.2939. Thank you in advance for your help. Mark Kehoe
[email protected]

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

For the sake of propriety I'll keep my personal thoughts as to why the activation threshold of the automatic headlights in a vehicle involved in an accident would come into question...

I do not live in Jersey but I do own a 2006 G35 Coupe and I work in an Infiniti dealership parts department. I can tell you that all G35's from 03-08 and probably most Infiniti models in general use the same part numbered sun sensor. Keep in mind, this sensor sends its reading to a control module which then decides when to activate the headlights, and this threshold could be different for different years/models. Even I, however, do not have access to the exact technical specifications of the sun sensor itself nor the programming of the control module. I don't think you'll find any more relevant info from anyone who owns one other than "well they seem to come on around dusk", which they do. A cloudy day wont activate them, it takes more like the typical light level around sunset. If you need more info than that, I'd suggest calling Infiniti and trying to talk to an engineer.

mkehoe1
Car: 2006 G 35X Sedan

Thanks for the timely response. I need to find a 2006 model like my clients so that an expert witness can test the car and confirm at what ambient light level the lights come on. I represent a woman who was seriously injured when another car made a left turn directly in front of her. That driver contends my clients lights were off. It was nearly dark and the auto lights would have been activated. I just need someone who can look at this model and conclude at what light level the lights come on. This case involves no claim against Infinity. Optimally, I need a single owner vehicle owner who can say that he or she never changed or modified the light sensor since they bought the car.

Thanks again.

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

Ah that makes more sense. Tricky case though, as the auto mode can easily be overridden with the selection on the switch, just as in most other vehicles with auto headlights. As far as finding another, I'd check used car listings. There are quite a few of these 1st generation G's going up for sale right now, even in the Midwest. I wouldn't think it would be too hard to find one in a more populated area like Philly.

veery
Car: 06 M35x Umbria Grey

Exactly - if the headlight switch is not set for automatic, then the lights could be off. You may be able to estimate the threshold, but can you show what position the switch was in.

Mudgen
Car: 2011 Graphite Shadow G37x sedan (Jezebel), 2011 Dark Gray Metallic Subaru WRX sedan (Darth), 2006 F150 XLT 4x4 5.4L 4OT (Big Brown)

veery wrote:Exactly - if the headlight switch is not set for automatic, then the lights could be off. You may be able to estimate the threshold, but can you show what position the switch was in.
And there you have it. My car is a later model, and the auto lights come on in cloudy situations quite a bit, but they don't come on when you turn on the wipers, as required in my state. So I frequently have to switch them to "On" position for rain, and frequently miss getting them back into auto when I intend to, ending up in "Off" position.

Good luck with the case, OP, but it's really a "he said/she said" situation unless there's a third party witness who says the lights were on or off. In the absence of one, the other driver would actually be in a better position to state whether your client's lights were on or off.

Of course, I'm not a lawyer, just a guy who's been driving for 46 years.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”