SAFC 2 Install RB25det

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
zippakilla

So I have a second hand SAFC 2 I have a few mods on the engine so I just want to be able to do some tweeking on it if need be and well I dont have the instructions for it and I have searched here and google and theres alot of confusing stuff out there so I am going to run by what I have and see if anyone on here has installed one and make sure this is correct.

SAFC2 WIRES:
Red= Power and goes to pin59 ( on my ECU Pinout may not be right 12V switched ECCS.)

Brown= ground closest to ECU
Black = ground atleast 1 CM away from brown but on same ground pin 60? next to IG power?

Green= RPM is pin 7
grey= Throttle and goes to pin 38
White= Air flow on loom side goes to pin 27?
Yellow= Air flow on ECU side goes to pin 27 as well?

The knock sensors I do not think I will be hooking up as they are pretty much useless. But that is a Purple wire.

What are the other wires for?

Is this the correct wiring?

http://wiki.r31skylineclub.com/images/t ... inouts.jpg

That is the pinout I was looking at but printing it out obscures the numbers up top lol.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!! Thanks in advance.

cozmosland
Car: 1993 Skyline R33 gtst

The wiring between safc 2 and neo i think are all the same. just use the install guide off the apexi website or find the guide on skyline AUS,

just match the pinout as the wire colors on the stock harness seemed to change randomly.

I run a neo and kinda wish i had an safc 2 because of the knock sensor logging. thats something you should have with a turbo engines to check how much potential damage you could be having since u want as little Knock as possible. its alot easier to keep things in check with having that reading as apposed to only having afr and egt if you have a wideband installed. so definitely hook it up.

zippakilla

Well my question is more for the Air flow portion.

The white goes to Air flow further from ecu and the yellow goes closest so you totaly disco. the air flow meter wire?

cozmosland
Car: 1993 Skyline R33 gtst

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums ... fc2+wiring
here

i think you are correct, but take a look here.

zippakilla

Yeap thats the exact one I looked at I have it hooked up now its just doing all of the settings and selecting the engine and what not and sensor type and what have you. All of this without a manual BLOWS!

silviasgp06
Car: 95 Nissan Zenki RB25 Powered

have fun with the "Rich/Retard" protocol on the stock rb25 ECU while tuning SAFC's.... you may tune it and it will run great, then one day when you get to a certain load point and the car will not run right. but.. some have gotten lucky.

zippakilla

Well basically I have a Q45 with a ISIS IM, HUGE Godspeed FMIC, 3 inch exhaust and Walbro 255 FP. I just want the ability to change it just a little nothing major. If the I was going to slap a huge snail on it then I would invest in something more. All I am trying to figure out is this sensor in/out and all of that now. Then I will figure out the "tune" on the dyno.

And .... I'm retarted lol figured it out.

Note for future people searching this. Colors on the ECU wires do not matter just make sure you count by "socket" or pin hole even if there is not a wire there.

and make sure you look at the ecu the right way, found it easiest to look at the notch on the blue bolt area should be pointing up, and the 16 pin section should be on the left it goes 16,20 BOLT 20 and 20.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”