S13 alternator wiring question

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ronnie4

Hey guys,

I just bought a 90 with a 92 motor swapped in it. Bought it form a guy who didn't finish the swap and need help putting it together.

It's blowing the main fuse, I believe the circuit is shorting out on the alternator. The positive feed and the ground are bolted right next to each other on the alternator, and my multimeter shows that there is continuity between them. Is the ground wire supposed to be bolted to the alternator? If so, how do I keep the circuit so that the battery feed and ground are separated?

I can post pics of the wiring setup, what's the easiest way to post pics on this forum?

Rambo24o
Car: S13 240sx

This is all I can do for u man hope it helps

ronnie4

Well, turns out that the alternator wasn't causing the short on the battery circuit. One of the wires coming off of my batter has a short on it. It's one of the auxiliary wires with a black connector on the positive battery terminal.

I put an arrow on it in the linked picture, anyone happen to know what the wire from that connector goes to?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77451692@N07/7097728335/

Biggins240sx
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx Stock KA24DE 180,XXX

Those connector are E22 and E23. E 23 are your hot wires for your headlamps. it has two white wires on that connector. each going to a respective fuse in the underhood fuse block. the single wire connector is of course the altenator connector, E22.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”