rotating my tires....

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
boarder445us

I have two new front tires and worn back tires... a prelude wants to race me this weekend. So i was going to put the new tires on the rear so that i could get a good launch...

How do i rotate them? left front to right rear and diagonal like that or what... thanks for the help.

Dori Dori
Car: Cars of course

You should have the new tires on the rear b/c your car is RWD.

And when you rotate, you generally go from front to back and visa-versa...not diagonal or side to side.

sapix @ RHIT

I've always heard you send the fronts straight back, and criss cross the rears when you bring them to the front. I honestly don't think it makes much difference with todays tires. As long your tires are all the same size and not uni-directional.

boarder445us

ok, thanks... so should i just swap front to back on each side or should i criss cross the back ones...

wanabe240esx

front to back, no criss-crossing

sixxdeuce
Car: 93 rx7, G35coupe 6mt

I think most of the halfway decent tires made today are uni directional, most tires I see have the direction arrows on the sidewalls. I have heard you are not suposed to change the direction because it can cause the tire to deteriorate because the way the layers overlap. Im not sure if a tire would really fall apart if you ran it backwards.

boarder445us

when im going over 100 on the track i dont want my tire to deteoriate...? HMMM

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

it wont fall apart, and later today Im going to do a FAQ section on tire care/maintanence...

that will answer all these questions and more :)-chetEDIT: its up, read...if you have more questions, post in the thread so I can clear it up.

boarder445us

thanks

mrmotorsports

If your tires are directional you can only go front to back. If not you can cross them. Remember this, 80% of your braking and 100% of steering is done on your front tires(unless you have HICAS):) Acceleration is nothing if you can't stop or steer.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”