Rogue VS Outlander

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
clubhead86
Car: 04 Toyota Matrix Xr

im not a big mitsubishi fan but i figured i would check out their outlander crossover. its comfortable and has pretty much the same features (intellikey, bluetooth, satellite radio, HID lights etc)

i was wondering if you guys would break it down with a comparison with these two great vehicles!

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

I too checked out the Outlander after owning a Montero years ago. I liked the 6 speed tranny and big 18" wheels. I didn't like the price when fully equipped or, believe it or not, the lack of lights on the sun visor mirrors. This was a big thing to my best beloved. It also seemed a little clumsy compared to the Rogue.

clubhead86

i have already had a testdrive on the awd SL rogue and im absolutely in love but wanna make sure i get the best for my money so...

im going to test drive the outlander tomorrow. one thing i do like and its not that big of a deal is "heater seats even on cloth and side fender turn signals" ofcourse these are just minor things...

thanks for the post

Bababoosky
Car: 2004 Acura TSX A-Spec (mine), 2008 Nissan Rogue SL-AWD Phantom White (ours)

The deal sealer for me was the actual gas mileage of the Outlander. The Rogue just destroys it.

clubhead86

yes miles per gallon is very important to me, i live in the suburbs of chicago and do most of my business in Downtown chicago (about 20 miles away)

Thanks i will definately check that out and hopefully post pics of my new rogue in here

boooey

funny this topic is here..

I test drove tjhe Outlander right before i bought my Rogue. I owned a Montero Sport, so i was eligible for a loyalty rebate from mitsu. I could of gotten a 2007 Outlander for a few thousand cheaper.

Here are my takes on the 2007 Outlander i test drove.

ProsBody style is very nice and impressive lookingVery spacious inside, and large trunk space

ConsThe ride is very rough compared to the rogueDoesn't take turns or handle as well as the RogueThe dashboard feels very cheapThe information display looks like a Fisher Price toy.. not good

uscg200
Car: Rogue SL AWD

I own a Rogue SL AWD and my wife owns a 08 Outlander XLS. Here are some pros and cons for both:

Good/Bad for the Rogue: Good ride quality. Looks really nice. Great price for the vehicle, even fully loaded. Handles well. XM is great. Good gas milage 23-25 mpg city/highway. The glove box is huge, but somewhat hard to acess with a passenger in the vehicle. Rear cup holder in odd spot (have to pull out of center console on the bottom). No rear arm rest. Rear hear rests do not go up or down. Trunk storage space is great feature. CVT is great. AWD works awesome. Interiror quality is great.

Good/Bad for Mitsubishi: Mitsubishi has more room, and feels bigger. The avg gas milage on the city/highway is 19-23 mpg. Easier to get in to as the keyless entry is hand activated on the door handle, unlike the Rogue which you have to beep in. Bigger wheels definately look good. The steering wheel controls are set up better in my opinion. The hookup for the AUX is horrible( located in the back seat at bottom of center console). There are tons of cup holders, so always somewhere to put a drink. 2 usable glove boxes. You do not have to remove the storage compartment to utilize the entire space in the center console. Always power to the power outlet in the center console, even when vehicle tuned off. Paddle shifters are easier to use than the Rogues. Even if small, there is 7 passenger. 7500 miles between regular maintenance schedules. V6 with regular gas requirement is great. Overall very good vehicle for the price.

clubhead86

i took a testdrive of an all new 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander SE, they told me that the SE is a new model that pretty much has more features for less.

Came with 2.4 4cylinder, paddle shifters, bluetooth, sirius satellite, HIDS,moonroof, intellikeyetc) sticker price 25,300

The Nissan Rogue i want is SL AWD with Bose Package and Moonroof. Sticker Price 25,800

I enjoy the Rogue Ride better, :D

hehe

Lightforce18
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Black on Black. SL AWD. Leather. Moonroof. Premium.

uscg200 wrote:I own a Rogue SL AWD and my wife owns a 08 Outlander XLS. Here are some pros and cons for both:

Good/Bad for the Rogue: Good ride quality. Looks really nice. Great price for the vehicle, even fully loaded. Handles well. XM is great. Good gas milage 23-25 mpg city/highway. The glove box is huge, but somewhat hard to acess with a passenger in the vehicle. Rear cup holder in odd spot (have to pull out of center console on the bottom). No rear arm rest. Rear hear rests do not go up or down. Trunk storage space is great feature. CVT is great. AWD works awesome. Interiror quality is great.

Good/Bad for Mitsubishi: Mitsubishi has more room, and feels bigger. The avg gas milage on the city/highway is 19-23 mpg. Easier to get in to as the keyless entry is hand activated on the door handle, unlike the Rogue which you have to beep in. Bigger wheels definately look good. The steering wheel controls are set up better in my opinion. The hookup for the AUX is horrible( located in the back seat at bottom of center console). There are tons of cup holders, so always somewhere to put a drink. 2 usable glove boxes. You do not have to remove the storage compartment to utilize the entire space in the center console. Always power to the power outlet in the center console, even when vehicle tuned off. Paddle shifters are easier to use than the Rogues. Even if small, there is 7 passenger. 7500 miles between regular maintenance schedules. V6 with regular gas requirement is great. Overall very good vehicle for the price.
when u say keyless entry is on the door for the outlander. Isnt it on the door for the rogue also?

uscg200
Car: Rogue SL AWD

On the Outlander all you have to do is touch the door handle in the same fashion as if you were opening it. On the Rogue you have to push the little black button to unlock the doors. It is just one step that makes getting into the Outlander easier.

EZ300
Car: '08 Rogue S AWD

FYI. for those people who don't have this yet.Car and Driver review or 9 SUV/CUVhttp://www.caranddriver.com/co...l=186

good read!Nissan Rogue topped the 0-60 and 1/4 mile

Return to “Rogue Forum”