Rogue Model Differences - Comments

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ahhbeebee
Car: '08 Rogue SL FWD - Pearl White

philipa_240sx wrote:2008 Models:

The list below denotes the 2008 model differences between the US and Canada. The information is obtained from the Nissan Rogue FSM and spec sheets available from Nissan Canada and USA. I only note the differences. If the same feature is available on the same particular model/trim in both countries, it isn't shown. If there are any errors, please let me know

Exterior:Engine Block heater - Canada only (all models)Low washer fluid indicator - Canada Only (all models)Daytime Running Lights - Canada Only (all models)Xenon HID Headlights - US Only (AWD model only)Sunroof - Part of SL Premium Pack in Canada. Seperate option in US (SL model only)Splash guards - Standard in Canada. Seperate option in US.Heated side mirrors - Standard in Canada (all models). Part of leather pack in US (SL AWD model only).Color keyed side mirrors - Standard in Canada (all models). SL trim only in US.Roof Rails - Standard on S AWD and SL in Canada. SL trim only in US.

Interior:Full size spare tire with matching alloy wheel - Standard on S AWD and SL trim in Canada only. (SL Premium Pack deletes full sized spare due to cargo organizer)Intelligent key - Part of technology pack in Canada (Requires SL AWD + SL Premium Pack + SL AWD Leather Pack). Part of Premium pack in US (Requires SL AWD)Heated cloth seats - Canada only SL trim.Under floor Storage (For models without cargo organizer) - US only. Full size spare in Canada.

Audio:Mid-Level audio - Part of SL Premium Pack in Canada. In dash 6CD changer with MP3, 6 speakers, and steering wheel mounted controls. Similar to Digital BOSE system less the centre speaker and subwoofer.Digital BOSE audio - Part of SL Leather Pack in Canada (Requires SL AWD). Part of premium pack in US (Requires SL).XM Satellite Radio - Part of technology pack in Canada (Requires SL AWD + SL Premium Pack + SL Leather pack). Part of Premium pack in US (Requires SL).Integrated Bluetooth - Part of technology pack in Canada (Requires SL AWD + SL Premium Pack + SL Leather pack). Part of Premium pack in US (Requires SL AWD)

Colour Combinations:Nissan Color Code: US - Canada

B53: Indigo Blue - Ultramarine BlueK51: Gotham Grey - Carbon Silver QX1: Phantom white - Glacier PearlK23: Silver Ice - AirstreamKH3: Wicked Black - EbonyA33: Venom Red - Venetian Red

A55: Orange Alloy - Orange AlloyK55: Iridium Graphite - Iridium Graphite

Canada: All interiors are black cloth/leather except for Airstream which has grey cloth/leather with matching grey lower door panels as an option.US: Grey cloth/leather with matching grey lower door panels is available with all exterior colours

======================================================

2009 Models:

The list below notes changes and additions for the 2009 model year. The 2008 Canada vs US model differences still apply unless noted below:

Interior:

Speed sensitive auto door locks - Added to all models in US and Canada.

Leather Package - Now available on FWD models in US (Requires SL). Part of Leather pack in Canada (Requires SL AWD + SL Premium Pack).Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System - Now available with FWD Premium Pack in US (Requires SL). Part of technology pack in Canada (Requires SL AWD + SL Premium Pack + SL Leather Pack). Nissan Intelligent Key - Now available with FWD Premium Pack in US (Requires SL). Part of technology pack in Canada (Requires SL AWD + SL Premium Pack + SL Leather Pack).

The following items have been added to all 2009 SL models in the US. The difference to the Canadian model is noted:

Fold flat front passenger seat - Part of SL Premium Pack in Canada.Driver seatback pocket - Part of SL Premium Pack in Canada.Centre Console Tray - Part of SL Premium Pack in Canada.Mood/Interior Accent Lighting - Part of SL Premium Pack in Canada.Drive Computer and Outside Temperature Display - Part of SL Premium Pack in Canada.Two Luggage Side Cargo Hooks - Part of SL Premium Pack in Canada.Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirror - Part of SL Premium Pack in Canada.
Those bastards, now why couldn't many of those 'additions' been standard since inception. I wonder how much they trade my '08 rogue for?

philipa_240sx

The option packaging is even more backward a$$ in Canada. ie. to get leather or Bluetooth or Bose you have to order a nearly fully loaded model.

I really wish Nissan Canada would make some options separate or at least not require 'option package A' to get 'option package B'. I really would have liked the Bose with Bluetooth and maybe Intellikey without all the other crap.

ahhbeebee
Car: '08 Rogue SL FWD - Pearl White

I've always found that Nissan has been the worst of the bunch when it comes to 'bundling' packages. I'm sure they did some study on the most desired option (whether that's leather seats or stereo or whatever) and put those with higher margin options like lumbar support.

I've loathed the companies decision to do this, it happens with all their vehicles. The base models are wonderful deals, and I'm sure they'd make good money from folks like us if we had the ability to add individual upgrades.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

It probably makes it easier for them to manufacture less combinations, just an S, SL and like 2 defined packages, rather than building vehicles each with a custom "mix and match" of options for each vehicle - just easier to mass produce for them. But I agree, I would've loved to have chosen each option individually and not been forced to purchase stuff I didn't want.

But, I feel that Chrysler/Dodge (for example) is much worse, they always advertise the base model to make the price look attractive, but with Dodge the base model doesn't exist, you can't find them on the lot and nobody would want them anyway because they don't even come with a steering wheel (lol)! So you think you're going to buy a $17k vehicle but by the time you've got a vehicle with a few options you're up to $27k and that Dodge no longer looks so appealing. At least Nissan base models have good options such as ABS, power windows, locks, brakes, et.. And Dodge has more options packages to investigate, making a purchase very frustrating. Nissan is not pefect but they're not the worst either!

Return to “Rogue Forum”