RHD to LHD

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
D2Falken
Car: 240sx

hi i want a skyline r32 soooo bad but my parents don't let me drive a right hand drive because they think its dangerous, stupid and is not made for Canadian roads. so i am thinking to convert it to left hand drive. i know its expensive but is there any other way to do it??? like cut the front of the frame and weld the 240sx or 300xz frame. please help because i found a good deal on the skyline and don't want to loose it

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

You're 18 and you are telling us that your parents "won't let you drive a RHD car"? What gives.

It's not that dangerous driving a RHD car. It's driving a RHD car and acting silly that is dangerous. Do you have issues with driving; i.e. speeding tickets, or any other moving violations for that matter?

If you are serious about getting a Skyline and you have the coin, then go for it. I can understand if you live at home and have to abide by their rules, but make an agreement with them and do what you need to do to get one.

By the way, when you say "a really good deal", is it a deal that is too good to be true?

D2Falken

when i say a really good deal i mean for cheap and good condition. and i am 16 and still have a long time to live with them and when i go to college . and its dangerous because when you are driving on a one lane highway you cant pass the car in front of you because you cant see the cars on the opposite way. and soon they are going to stop registering right hand drive cars.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Cheap and good condition in North America aren't a good combination. Here in Japan, yes, it's possible. So, when you say cheap, how much are you talking about? And it is a GTS-t (Type-M) or GT-R?

And since you still live with your parents, I would say that you are S.O.L. on getting a Skyline.

And since your age in your profile doesn't reflect your real age, I'm asking you to change it your real age.

D2Falken

ok so i change my age and its a gts and its for $4900 and what is S.O.L. and what about the conversion question

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

S.O.L. means s**t outta luck.

GTS...non turbo.

As far as the conversion, I don't think grafting a front end from a Fairlady or 240SX is gonna work considering they are differnt frames.

Best bet would be to search Google for converted Skylines and see where it was done. It has been done to an R33 in the U.S. and an R34 somewhere else...but, it's no where near affordable. It would probably cost more than what you will pay for the car.

If your parents are adament about you not getting the car, I would just wait till you are 18 and can make your own decisions. The car isn't worth that much money being a GTS. Heck, even a GTS-t isn't worth the amount of money to convert it.

D2Falken

thanks for your advise. i will build my 240sx for now and when i am 18 then i will sell the 240sx and use the money to get a GTR r32. thanks a lot

maryjane

if youve got the money they sell lhd skylines in the UAE, im looking at a gtr from there, shippings 1250 to the port of jax, 92 gtr for 4200 usd aint to shabby

lsd_se

The Middle East i god at converting them. I don't think it wouldn be too hard to do it in Canada either, the only trouble is making the dashboard look good.

kelsoMAN
Car: 1994 300zx NA z32

are you kidding?

fab a 240 to a skyline... why not bath in human sh*t too right. no offense but a skyline isn't for you my friend...

I think you looking for a turbo civic or something bro...

maryjane

no they are sold as left hand drive in the middle east

the only versions sold there are the gts-4 and the gtr, no gts or gts-t gt25

driftextreme
Car: 1993 skyline gts-s

hello

im from UAE and here it is illegal to drive RHD, so everyone who has a GTR must convert it to LHD and there are many ways to do this.

the cheapest is to fabricate the dashboard . cut and invert and its not reliable..

like this one .. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2595967

the other way is to change the dashboard with nissan bluebird dashboard it will fit exacltly with little adjustment..

or nissan maxima dashboard .. like what i did

you have to do some welding in the firewall and use nissan maxima steering box

.... my car is nissan skyline gts-s 93

i used nissan maxima steering box .. and also the dashboard ..

i am using the car now for 5 years everything works fine A / C , sunroof , ABS , centerlock , automatic windows everything ( HICAS disconnected )

it cost me 5500 AED = 1500$ and it took 40 days

HeavyDuty
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
95 Nissan 240SX S14
96 Nissan D21
06 Nissan 350Z Z33

Wow, from what I can see that's the nicest LHD conversion that I've, uh, seen.

You can see some others on the video section of TopRpm.com

maryjane

and they only sell gtrs and gts4s there. my friend is buying one for me, its a white r32 gtr, 4550usd to jax shipped

Koshin
Car: JP'd out Y32 Gloria GTU, 750 hp '87 Grand National, '63 Impala SS 327/4 speed

LHD Skyline...

lulz

driftextreme
Car: 1993 skyline gts-s

HeavyDuty wrote:Wow, from what I can see that's the nicest LHD conversion that I've, uh, seen.

You can see some others on the video section of TopRpm.com
thnx. its my DD car it must look nice
maryjane wrote:and they only sell gtrs and gts4s there. my friend is buying one for me, its a white r32 gtr, 4550usd to jax shipped
my cozin tried to ship one to AUS but he discoverd that most of the gtrs in the UAE are stolen and not legally exported .. its good to use it here but in other restricted countries it might be broblem

so if you planning to get one put that in your mind
Koshin wrote:LHD Skyline...

lulz
you have to obey the rules

EL MAMITO USMC
Car: SENTRA SER

HeavyDuty wrote:Wow, from what I can see that's the nicest LHD conversion that I've, uh, seen.
that makes 2 of us...

HowlerMonkey
Car: 1991 Infiniti M30 wi/ L28ET

Awesome job.

I'm hoping someone had access to a scrap yard for experimentation and to keep costs down.

Converting R31 is a piece of cake since the US market infiniti m30 is LHD and all stuff bolts in.......except the M30 only came in automatic tranny so a pedal set would have to come from a different nissan....unless it is swappable from right to left.

Koshin
Car: JP'd out Y32 Gloria GTU, 750 hp '87 Grand National, '63 Impala SS 327/4 speed

it would be easiest just to swap them over from the R31....RHD to LHD pedals are the same, youd have to made a braket to hole the clutch pedal on the M30

Pride Racing Motors
Car: 240sx,R32,R33,R34,Rx7

I say keep it Rhd , Its hard to convert a rhd to lhd unless its a 240 or something , and unless you find a original r in lhd.. gl....

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

giantR32typeM wrote:dude dont convert it, completly retarded. u might as well just convert a 240 to an r32.
Attacking members like this is not a good way to make a name for yourself. We don't take kindly to trolls.

By the way, this post has been deleted as well.

Stealth-Z
Car: 1991 300ZX

This place in Japan started LHD conversions a while ago.

http://www.japan-partner.com/A....html

You have to register to see the full photos. No big deal, all you get is a periodic email listing their current stock.

Gcustoms
Car: 1992 240sx LE

if you ask me... you should have to get a seprate licence to drive rhd, like instead of g2 class and g class, it would b something like g2R and gR just so the government would shut their traps and allow better flow of RHD cars into canada.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”