Reverse Light Wire

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
kots

I just bought a back up camera and i am stuck finding the reverse light. From what i read it is the green with gray dot. I removed the driver side kick plates and tap into the green with gray dot wire but it didn't work.

I see here that it says it's the green one. http://www.modifiedlife.com/20...agram/

There is one solid green with thicker gauge, i don't think it is the right one either and i am afraid to use my T-tap rated 16-18 AWG on this thicker wire. I am on a dead end. Any help would be appreciated.

Leo2005

I used to have camera when I had my pioneer. You can see it on the picture but to make sure you should check the voltage. Put positive wire from voltmeter to the green and negative somewhere to the ground. Switch the key to ignition, apply emergency brake and shift it to reverse. You should see 12V+ on your screen. If you don't see then it's either you doing something wrong or it's a wrong wire. I hope it helps.

joshjv
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD

Check this thread:zer...npics

I'm on a corporate network, all the pics are blocked for me, but from the sounds of it, that thread should help..

roadside
Car: Black '09 Rogue SL FWD (Canadian)

It is definitely the green with gray dots wire. I tapped into that one for my backup sensor and it powers up when the reverse lights do. I used the black wire for the ground.

silverboy's pic (wires are bundled in that black electrical tape)

kots

i saw a few of green with gray dot wires. i'm not sure if they are all the same. i tried a couple and still no luck. i will keep trying.

roadside
Car: Black '09 Rogue SL FWD (Canadian)

Maybe the problem is not the wire, but the device you are trying to connect. Test with a different device or a voltmeter as Leo suggested.

Return to “Rogue Forum”