Reverse Gear Signal Wire?

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
Truckstuff
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback

First, I wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum. I just completed the installation of my system after buying a Versa (Pioneer N4 nav unit, Clarion amp, Bazooka sub, new speakers, steering wheel controls, the works). Every time I had a question during the installation, these forums had the answer. :yesnod

The final little detail of the install is a connecting the reverse gear sensor wire to make the GPS happy. I've run the wire back to the taillight and located the wiring harness, but I haven't been able to determine which wire is the reverse voltage line to tap it. I've been looking through the FSM, but it doesn't talk about the wiring harness for the taillight assembly anywhere I've seen. This is a 2009 Versa SL hatchback. Thanks!

Francesco

The 2009 FSM I looked at indicated the backup light wire color is yellow at the rear of the car.

Page LT-70

Frank
2009 Versa sedan MT-6

williamk10
Car: '07 Versa SL

thanks for making this post, i actually needed this info for my reverse camera :)

williamk10
Car: '07 Versa SL

Truckstuff, can you confirm this works?

also is the wire a yellow/grey wire (yellow with grey stripes)

I have an 07, wondering if it is the same.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”