rev limiter

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
mastercoryd
Car: 1996 maxima se 5 spd

hey guys im not sure if u guys posted anything about htis or not im sorry if u did and i couldnt find it but i have a 96 nissan maxima and its a 5 spd i love it i put exhasut on it and a short ram intake, and i was just wondering so i dont discover by redlinging my engine for no reason, does my car have a rev limiter that it will bounce off of at a certain RPM? thank you very muchcory d

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

mines a 95 and its rev limiter is right at redline. its an automatic. not sure about MT

mastercoryd

yeah i heard an automatic one online with the rev limiter but i think most automatics do, anyone here with a 5 spd have one?

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

They all have a rev limiter. Nissan is well known for bad calibration of the tachometer, but the redline is dead on for the correct RPM. If you rev it high enough, you will hit it. There is also no mistake when you hit it, you will know.

A.Tech
Car: 1998 Nissan Maxima SE Black on Black 5-speed, and yes. I know my avatar is a Gen 5... lol

Everycar nowadays has a Rev limiter unless someone disabled it. Or changed/upgraded the ECU.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

beancooker wrote:There is also no mistake when you hit it, you will know.
and so will everyone around you. not sure why, but around here when people hit theirs everybody stops and stares like its the coolest thing.

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

It's far from the coolest thing, more like the ghey'st thing. The car starts bucking like a bull. Now jtibbs is from somewhere in redneckville USA, so there it probably is cool, at least to a bunch of hillbillys.

Just joking J....

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

maybe your car bucks, are you a cowboy? if i hit mine it just makes a lot of noise; sounds like a cd skipping only it's playing a clip of your exhaust.

mastercoryd

soooo last night... i started up my car first time in a week ( cant drive due to broken fooot from BMXing) andd i let it warm up then revved it upp to 6 and a half RPM and it didnt rev past that due to the rev limiter but it didnt make a cool noise like some other cars do when u hit it, it didnt keep bouncing off it, it was this slow delayed bounceeee

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”