Resetting TPMS???

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
schu300
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport

Before anyone says anything---yes I did a search for this and only came up with the spare tire questions that were asked---So with that out of the way here it goes..

Changed my oil today and rotated my tires, this is the first time I have done this on my own so I wasn't sure how it would go. Other then removing the protective shield down below, it wasn't an issue! But when I went to rotate the tires and took a drive around the block and the TPMS never reset....Is there a trick I am missing? Do I have to take it to the dealership?

Can anyone throw me a clue please?

Before I forget, its a 2006 M45 Sport---all options except rear dvd.

Thanks in advance!

dvan

Drive around continuously for at least 20 mins to reset the TPMS.

schu300
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport

Thanks----We'll give that a try this afternoon!

Much appreciated

mjgspr95
Car: 2006 M45

I drove about 800 miles this weekend and it did not reset. I just changed wheels. The low pressure monitor is on the dash but the tire pressure is not showing up. HELP

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

If you are in a hurry for it to work, you will have to visit the dealer and have them reset the system;Other wise the system should reset itself after some driving; normally is very fast, 20 min kinda of thing, however I believe you have to be traveling over a certain speed for that amount of time for it to reset;

I have swapped out tires with completely different sensors, and can drive for a few weeks and they will reset; If all I do is a tire rotation and mix up where the tires go, it normally a day or two;

As said, if your in a rush, you have to get the dealer to do it; if you are not just keep driving it, it will reset; or at least it has for many of us here on the forum.

tk

OmegaRoach
Car: 06 M35 Tech

Just a heads up, Discount Tire has a scanner that will reset the TPMS, so no need to go the dealer.

rdwtew
Car: 2006 M35 Sport and 2006 FX35 AWD

Omega is correct. I was at Discount Tire yesterday and there was a customer who had his tires put on at another shop and the tech put his tpms sensors on different rims and that caused issues with his display. Once they got the right sensors on the correct rim, they went around and reset the sensors with the scanner mentioned.

Hope this helps.

BTW, Omega you will like this.....

BLUUUUUUU PHIIIIIII, YOUUUUU KNOWWWWWW!

2muchm4u
Car: 2007 M35X

rdwtew is correct, I was that guy and learned the hard way that you need to keep the tpms sensors in the same wheel well that they were originally in. (The discount tire tech actually found a mfg. alert that said the tpms had to stay in the same wheel well for them to work properly.) Resetting with the scan tool did not work, they reset them 3 times with no effect but as soon as they moved the wheels back to their original position bingo !!! All 4 sensors started working immediately. The Discount Tire guys were awesome though, would definitely recommend them. Also just put the Conti ExtremeContact DWS tires on and the difference with the ride, comfort and noise is remarkable. No more tramlining .

OmegaRoach
Car: 06 M35 Tech

2muchm4u wrote:rdwtew is correct, I was that guy and learned the hard way that you need to keep the tpms sensors in the same wheel well that they were originally in. (The discount tire tech actually found a mfg. alert that said the tpms had to stay in the same wheel well for them to work properly.) Resetting with the scan tool did not work, they reset them 3 times with no effect but as soon as they moved the wheels back to their original position bingo !!! All 4 sensors started working immediately. The Discount Tire guys were awesome though, would definitely recommend them. Also just put the Conti ExtremeContact DWS tires on and the difference with the ride, comfort and noise is remarkable. No more tramlining .
That is strange. I have had my tires rotated and although it took 50 or so miles for the car to recognize the change, it did eventually recognize that the tpms were in different whell wells.

Discount also ordered me a new tpms sensor (not oem) for one of my wheels and replaced it free of charge! The new sensor did not pick up for over 200 miles so I went back in and I think they reset it or something, because it started working not to long thereafter.
rdwtew wrote:YOUUUUU KNOWWWWWW!
Nope, can't say that I know...

edh13

No need to pull tires off the rim for rotations or fancy reset tools.

Reset TPMS by driving above 45mph for about 10 minutes. Continuous! DO NOT drop below 45 or you will have to start over. Find a freeway, have the tire page up and you can watch them reset one at a time. I rotate my tires myself. '06 M35, 90k mi. Everytime, when finished I drive it on the fwy to reset TPMS and check for vibs.

antzrus
Car: '06 M35x Premium/Obsidian/Bourbon/
Rosewood/XM/Tint/
ClearBra/SteelSkidPlate/Genuine CoCo Mats/Michelin CrossClimate2/Nav Hack/M-1

edh13 wrote:No need to pull tires off the rim for rotations or fancy reset tools.

Reset TPMS by driving above 45mph for about 10 minutes. Continuous! DO NOT drop below 45 or you will have to start over. Find a freeway, have the tire page up and you can watch them reset one at a time. I rotate my tires myself. '06 M35, 90k mi. Everytime, when finished I drive it on the fwy to reset TPMS and check for vibs.
I don't know if you need to stay @ any one speed per se. But you can give it a try if all else fails. For me it might take a while (day or two of stop and go in the city usually), but the wheel wells have made no difference. We've always rotated them w/out any problem and no special reset tool required.

I've heard so many complain though. I keep my fingers crossed on each rotation. Hey, it works for me.

mjgspr95
Car: 2006 M45

Turns out they didn't actually put the sensor in the new wheels. After putting them in and driving around a couple of days working properly.

youneedhost
Car: m35x hot baby

listen son you are 100% right when you rotated the tires back to front and front to back you with out knowing move the sensor far from the system and it wont read at all so the system wont reset it self even if you go around the corner a million times you got two choices here ether go to the dealer or have a chop just changed only the tires not the rims ok

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”