reset oil maintenance Light

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
barrygou

2009 G37X - I replaced tires at a Goodyear store and they had a special on oil changes. I was a few hundred miles from needing one so I had them do it. They did not re-set the Oil Maintenance Light. Hw do I reset that? (I know how to change the mileage interval setting.)

DoctorDon
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible

If you have the navigation package, the procedure is as follows:

1. Press the INFO key on your navigation keyboard.

2. Highlight MAINTENANCE and press the ENTER key. That should bring up a screen with REMINDER 1, 2, 3, and 4.

3. As you highlight each one, highlight RESET DISTANCE to the new maintenance schedule (0 to 18,000 miles).

3. Then set the INVERVAL (mileage) of the maintenance schedule.

4. To display the reminder automatically when the set trip distance is reached, highlight INTERVAL REMINDER and toggle it on or off with the ENTER button on the INFINITI controller.

This must be done when the vehicle is not moving. I have a 2009 G37 convertible, and I found this information on page 4-10 of my owner's manual. If you have a coupe or sedan, the page may be different, but it should be located in the "Monitor, climate, audio, phone and voice recognition systems" section of your manual.

Hope this helps.

barrygou

I figured it out. My G37X does not have Nav but does have an LCD display and a "joy stick" type control button for functions on the display. There is a "Maintenance" setting on the display. This setting is to change/set the mileage interval, and other reminders, 1, 2, 3 & 4, as you mention. Resetting the notice has to be done with two push buttons on the dash console that is part of the speedometer gauge arrangement. When you push these buttons display information comes up in the center between the speedometer and tach.

Thanks guys for quickly replying!!

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

There are also settings within the gauge cluster as well which is separate. Infiniti has a tendency to set those when you get an oil change there and it gives you a nice annoying flat red screen when it thinks you have maintenance that needs to be done.

EdwinFam
Car: 2007 Infiniti g35

:wtf2: my oil maintenance light won't cut off after I got the oil change
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

EdwinFam wrote::wtf2: my oil maintenance light won't cut off after I got the oil change
Merged with existing thread. Answer is in previous posts.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”